1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
The Furys a chopper man!

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is intriguing but I think I will keep the chopper looking like a chopper. This is one of the reasons I keep my Valkyrie for touring purposes.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Amen to that, thats why I kept my cruizer. Hope folks don't twist the Fury into something it's not. Fury looks pretty good as it is, just need a few personnal touches, not meant to offend anyone, Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
71 Posts
That big dog looks like one of the aliens from the movie alien should be riding it...

part of the appeal of the fury to me was the clean look it has, no clutter. Sleek and sexy like a beautiful woman.

if you need storage space, buy a backpack, if you need a windshield, buy a full face helmet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Amen to that, thats why I kept my cruizer. Hope folks don't twist the Fury into something it's not. Fury looks pretty good as it is, just need a few personnal touches, not meant to offend anyone, Just my 2 cents
The whole idea of a chopper is to make it your own style. If a person wants to add bags and a fairing then that does not "turn it into something that it is not" , it only makes it your own. It can be done. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Why would you want to do that to a chopper? I don't think that Big Dog rides as nice or will be as comfortable on distances as a true cruiser / tourer.
By the way, did you guys check the price of the bull dog? $42,900!
I love my Fury for shorter rides and as a commuter, if I want to ride all day and take a passenger, I ride my VTX 1300.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I don't like the fairing. But, I saw a bike a few weeks ago that looked kinda like the Matte Silver Fury but with hard bags like this dog has. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Fury, but a higher-end custom with stretched front, black cast spokes and the molded in hard bags. It looked hot!! I wanted to get a closer look, but I saw it from an overpass as it traveled under me.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Everyone one of us bought our Fury with our own dollas, guess everyone has their own style and from what I've seen in the gallery on this forum, a lot of well done & bad ass mods. I do have to admit, a back pack sucks. Still keeping mine a solo rider, stripped and clean.

·
Registered
835 Posts
If you want a bagger...go buy one. The fury is CHOPPER INSPIRED! I want to keep mine that way!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Okay, The Fury Is not a cruiser, It's not a Tourer, It's not a sport bike.
It's a chopper! You can hang bags on a lot of bikes. You can put windshields, and engine guards on most all bikes. God knows that in the coming year we are going to see many accessories offered for the Fury. Bags, backrests, and a windshield will not make this bike a comfortable cruiser or tourer.
Lets agree to let the Fury be what it is.... Chopped!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Two things. First, the fury is not a "Chopper", but like Blue Dragon said, it is "chopper inspired." If we start saying what should not be on the fury because it is a "Chopper", than there should be no front fender or front brakes. The most important thing is that we each like our own. Nearly every motorcyclist has changed something on his bike and made it truly "his." If we start telling others what they can or cannot add to their bike, we are as bad as the HD people who sneer at anything that isn't a HD.

Lastly, I think It's easy to say go buy a bagger if you want one, but not everyone can afford to buy more than one bike. I love the looks of the fury and I will be commuting on it every chance I get (as soon as my matte silver one arrives - on July 15 hopefully). Occasionally, I like to ride further than to work. Peter Fonda crossed the country on his chopper with a blanket roll strapped to his sissy bar (which was as tall as the bike by itself). It would be nice to have some kind of luggage rack, saddle bags or something else easily removable for these trips. Right now there doesn't even seem to be a good place to strap down anything.

·
Registered
490 Posts
mjwojo, when I go to powersports.honda.com, they list it as a chopper. The bigdog pictured is ugly. bags are ugly, fairing is ugly. In my opinion, if you do that to a Fury it will be ugly.
Buy a backpack! Again, this is my opinion, and if you want to paint your bike pink, I don't care, I'll laugh at you as you go by, but I'll also stop to help you if you are stopped. The thread starter asked for opinions, you have mine. Enjoy your Fury!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah, Honda lists the Fury as a Chopper, but I was thinking about the dictionary definition. Thanks for the advise, but I already have a backpack. I was looking for alternatives. I am planning a cross country trip for my HS Reunion in a couple of years and wanted to ride to it. The Fury is the olny bike I own and getting another is not an option. I don't think that a backpack will suffice for a cross country trip unless I pack really light.

Also, all opinions are valued here, as long as they are not insulting. I'm glad that some people here have the courage to do what they want to their bikes and then show them to us. Occasionally you see something that you thought you wouldn't like, but when you see the picture, you say "Damn, that actually looks good." As they say, one man's pleasure is another man's poison. I say to everyone, it is your bike, make it your own. If you want other opinions, post a picture and we'll let you know what we think. The most importnat thing though, is YOU WILL BE RIDING THE BIKE, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO HAS TO LIKE IT.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh good greif!, some are going to ask about Floorboards, Fringe for the bars and floorboards, windshields, bags, studded leather seats and tool bags.

Believe what you want about the styling, but there ARE going to be people that will attach anything to a bike, including a trailer to haul stuff.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Do what you want with your own bike.

The original 'chopper' builders weren't building a defined category of motorycle, they modifying a bike to suit their particular tastes and needs. If I decide that I want a windshield or bags on my bike, it would be done to suit me. If that violates some other person's sensibilities, well, they are free NOT to do that to their own bike !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guys, I agree that your bike is an expression of what you want it to be...our bikes should be as unique as we are in the long run. Not that I want to mess up the lines of my Fury after I get it this week, but there are times that I'd like to take a weekend trip from Fort Wayne down to the southern part of the state, and don't really wanna wear a rucksack in the heat. For that reason, I'd like to see a set of chromed bars that could be installed on both sides of the rear fender that could keep a set of throw-over style saddlebags from getting hung up in the rear wheel. It wouldn't have to be elaborate, just something to keep the bags out of the wheel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts