Honda Fury Forums: banner

fury v.s fury ABS

8K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  cypress 
#1 ·
heyy i was just wondering how many people have bought the ABS fury and is there a big difference in breaking?

#3 ·
You could argue either way. The ABS is to push your braking close to the limit without causing a skid. it doesnt enable you to brake in a turn and adds a bit extra to the cost of the bike. On a heavier bike you have to worry more about loosing traction because of added force (f=m*a), which also works for slowing down, because of the amount of traction the tires have. on a lighter bike with similar tires and proper positioning of weight the amount of force needed to stop it is reduced so the amount of traction your bike has causes the function for abs to be less.

They have done studies and ABS generally improves braking, kinda like how an automatic transmission can be better on the dragstrip it adds consistancy.

The main thing when deciding between a bike that has the option of ABS or No ABS is price and how capible you are of getting by without it.

#7 ·
I haven't tried a non-ABS fury so I can't speak to that but I tested the Sabre and the VTX1800 without ABS and there's a big difference. My ABS fury is a little scary because it holds the road so well during breaking that it puts my arm strength to the test. Definitely something you have to get used to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.