Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
They were pretty rough on the Fury, but correct on all counts. Weak engine and ugly ass. That's the Fury.......but then again, consider the price. If it looked better and ran faster, it'd cost twice as much and ride even more shitty.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Old article, been on here a couple of times... still, love this part the best about the Big Dog:

If only it were a bit more comfortable to ride over 50 miles, or above 50 mph...

...assess city manners and slow-speed handling behavior. This, in the case of the Big Dog, can be summed up in one word: DON'T! The K9 doesn't flop or fall over at slow speeds like you might expect, though it takes a lot of muscle to maneuver such a long, tall, heavy bike. You're always aware of that 13-inch-wide rear tire, too, with its Weeble Wobble tendency to right itself mid-corner--despite the balancing effect of Big Dog's proprietary "Balanced Drive System," which relocates final drive to the right side of the bike. Heat management is an issue, too. Temperatures in the mid-90s were enough to momentarily kick the K9 into self-preserving limp mode at stoplights.

Like dog years, it seems 300 Big Dog miles are roughly equivalent to 2100 human miles, and we were feeling every last one of them. All that airspace between the K9's low seat, high bars and forward controls make it impossible to brace your body, and with a scant 3 inches travel from the hidden, Softail-style rear suspension, every expansion joint sends a jolt straight up your spine. Then there are the vibes--any acceleration shakes your feet off the pegs, giving your hip adductors a workout keeping your feet in place. You'll soon curse the K9's 130-mile cruising range--even 50 miles at highway speeds is hard to bear.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
...even 50 miles at highway speeds is hard to bear.
Please don't stop: tell us how you really feel, Red.:D

seriously, what a disappointment you'd have to live with--all that $$ and a crappy ride to boot.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Correct, I seriousely would have traded for the big dog if they hadn't lied to get me in there. I liked the engine and 6-speed tranny were my MAIN reasons. I do think the ass on the big dog was cleaner but i'll have to upload the pics and you'd be hard pressed to tell the dif in it and my Fury (same color and everything) There was A HUGE ride difference in that the big dog vibrated the hell out of my hands, arms, and ass. I got off after about 35 miles test ride and my arms were numb, no joke. If I hadn't invested all the money I had in my fury I would have done the trade but as is my Fury was a more comfortable, better, stronger (thanks to aft), bike. It did have me on overall top end which I had it pegged so not sure how much over 120 I was going.

i am going to try and find the pics I took in Jan to post with mine and you'll see what I mean on they look the same lol. I don't have the trees like RSS yet and the length was the only diff.

·
Registered
364 Posts
got a neighbor down the road with a big dogg, and though i love the longer rake, wider tire, bigger engine and 6 speed. over all i think from a distance it looks really nice. when i start getting closer i notice the lines don't look as clean as they do on the fury (though i will agree about the back end since the fender sits right about the tire).

that being said though there is no replacement for displacement.... i paid roughly $13K for my fury... that big dog is $35K. i could put a crap ton of mods into my fury to make it outperform the bigdog for an extra $22K or less and come out better than if i paid the starting price of the big dog.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
How's a Muslim Shiite doing an article about choppers? The guys a tool... plain and simple.

Couldn't even complete the ride beause he was to sore. Yeah, I'm going to purchase something based off of this guys opinions

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I hear a lot of people mention the fury's ugly ass, but I find that to be one of the sexiest parts of this machine. Granted, without any modding, the fender doesn't quite come down as far as I would like HOWEVER, I LOVE how wide she is back there! I can't help it I like 'em wide!

Has anyone seen the youtube video "honda fury vs. harley rocker-c"? I get such a kick out of his final statement about the two bikes. he says something to the effect of "when everybody looks at this <fury>, they don't look at it. they glance at it and then look towards the harley-davidson."

What a crock! I can't go anywhere without everyone straight up GAWKING at my machine. When it boils down to it, once you've seen one harley you've seen them all!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
When it boils down to it, once you've seen one harley you've seen them all!
Agreed, all the freaking bikes look the same IMO, cept for the V-Rod, but even that I'm starting to get tired of.

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
i have road most all those bikes and none ride as nice as the fury.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Agreed, my neighbor has a harley soft tail (04), we ride side by side alot and he gets pissed at how much attention my fury gets. I have not done alot of mods yet, (did clean up the rear with a side mount and cut the beaver tail off) put grips,mirrors on and painted the side covers to match the bikes color, but beyond that haven't done much yet. He is a hard core harley guy but loves the fury.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Big Dog is truly a Big Dog...
Overpriced, but still an awesome bike..
Ride aside, the Fury is smooth..
Smooth riding, smooth shifting, and handling..

When you get off the Fury from a ride you don't have the feeling you were just had the shit beat out of you..

We are all biased, since we own one..
The Fury 1300 motor will never ever sound like an S & S motor..

All the plus's add up to a Japanese Cruiser..

Cruiser of the Year: 2010 Honda Fury
There may be heated discussions over this choice, but we'll just say it: Honda's Fury is the bike that got everyone buzzing in 2010. Just the fact that a company based on technological innovation would build a sub-$20K, liquid-cooled mass-produced chopper boggles the mind.
We've heard jeers from those who say it's not hardcore enough, or questions about why Honda would want to appeal to the Orange County Chopper crowd, but the point is moot: visually and mechanically, this clean-sheet machine works better than anybody had a right to expect.

2010 Cruiser of the Year - Motorcycle Cruiser magazine

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
We are all biased, since we own one..
The Fury 1300 motor will never ever sound like an S & S motor..
Not biased at all here. If I could afford a bigger, better bike, I'd have one. I'm not saying the Fury is a piece of shit, but it is a little weak and I'll never like the ass end, as far as the fender goes.

I'm not ashamed to ride it and it is fun and does look good, but it's definitely not the last bike I'll ever own. If Honda doesn't come out with something better in the next few years, I may have to go with something else. I just don't know what yet.

I knew it wouldn't be my last bike when I bought it, but I knew it'd be fun for a while until I could find and afford something better.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I don't know about any of you... but I have never found myself standing around and gawking at a bike I thought was stupid or ugly. It's just never happened. Bikes I don't like something about just don't capture my attention. They get totally ignored.

So when I hear stories about anyone that spends a lot of time checking out a Fury (magazine articles aside), then have nothing good to say....I just think "Freaking Liars." They were either impressed enough to check it out, or just insecure in their decision of something else.

When I've been on big rides with mostly Harley's, there are two kinds of people that stand around talking about my Fury....Those who love it, and those who say they like it, but would never buy anything but a Harley. And I can't tell you how many Harley owners have asked if it was a Big Dog. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Its kinda of silly to compare a 13k bike to a 35k bike...The only thing they have in commen is they are both bikes, thats it. Of course the BD is going to have form fitting fenders, more power, etc....at more than doulbe the price, it better. Is the BD a better bike, guess not since its a pain to ride.

I love my Fury. For the price, it was the best bike I could afford. I wanted new not used with someone elses problems. No one makes anything that looks as good as the Fury for the price. Wherever I go with the Fury people always look and ask about it. The Fury is the better bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts