Honda Fury Forums: banner

Fury vs. Harley

12K views 45 replies 27 participants last post by  Fishman 
#1 ·
Just wondering how your Harley riding friends like your fury? Can't wait to hear your stories.

#2 ·
My actual friends either love it because i can ride with them whenever and Im content with the bike, or they hate it (but they dont even have a vespa) so their opinion doesnt matter.

Some people I have met give me grief but it all comes down to being able to get on the road. Was at Supercuts and a guy pulled in on his bike, started going on about his bike and it being the only real bike and said he had a sportster. The lady cutting my hair said they are cute and that was her first bike. The guy walked out kinda crushed

#4 ·
I'll get to my story tomorrow as I am getting sleepy, but one thing I have to say is that Harley really needs to remember who is growing up in this era... Seriously, the kids that say "oh that is sooo yesterday" are these kids and well, things grow out of fashion extremely quick and sometimes you have to change and adapt, even with a million of their die hard fans backing them up, things eventually give in...

"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it." - Winston Churchill

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin

Sure, the Fury is not earth changing nor does it have any type of new technology to it... but it does show that if a company can change, it has the possibility to survive and keep thriving in this every changing ~ fast paced world we live in.

#6 ·
being only one season into motorcycles. i didnt have a feeling either way. heard all the stuff. honda = reliable but also not a true motorcycle. also heard harley = leaking oil doesnt work / heritage and all that crap.

i will say this, i love my bike and get more looks and comments, from random people, than my harley riding friends.

ive never had a problem with the bike that i didnt cause.

my story goes like this:

i did a poker run once and the only bike that broke down was a harley. twice.

#9 ·
I have received a few comments here and there, but nothing to major. I do notice the “brush off” while at bike events. HD guys will walk up admiring the bike and once they figure out it’s a Honda, they act disinterested all of a sudden and walk off. I love to pull into the Harley store and park just far enough away from the other bikes to make them try and figure out what I have. Some walk over and check it out and others will walk towards it and it’s like that get zapped by a shock collar and turn and go the opposite direction.

#11 ·
i live in a 1 horse town,and i think he died.i have the only fury around.ask mfr.he has been here.as of next week there may be two.a harley is going in trade.as for all my harley friends,they love it.but they are sort of like me.as long as it has two wheels lets ride.

#13 ·
Ive got both. I've got a 2009 Night Train (last year of the trains) and a 2010 Fury. I get more looks on my Fury but more respect on my Harley. Go firgure. Riders are weird that way. All my Harley buddies like the Fury with the exception that its mostly plastic which is something I never really cared for either but I love it anyways.

#14 · (Edited)
The only comments I've received from HD riders are from the 10 guys that I ride with...all HD's. I get four comments every time I ride with them.

1. You need a windshield.
2. You need a bigger fuel tank.
3. You need a big HD cruiser like mine so you can haul more stuff.
4. It must be a descent bike; it keeps right up with us.

The only compliments, as far as aesthetics, I get are from random strangers without bikes.

#36 ·
1. You only need a windshield if you ride in sub freezing temps, like me (i dont have one)
2. All my HD buddies pull over every 50-100 miles anyways for alcohol
3. If i want to haul stuff, i wear a backpack or strap it to the fender. We only have 1 bagger anyways
4. It starts and runs the speed limit all day long ;)

#18 ·
Yep. They're the only guys I know who are close by and are willing to get together for rides.......there's only one guy who will take short day rides with me on a frequent basis and yes, he rides a Harley Davidson.

The only non-HD guy I've ridden with has a Raider, but I've only ridden with him once, and he never makes time to ride very often.......and guess what....he says I should've bought a Raider because of all the power it has.

I don't understand some people. I never tell anyone they should've bought a Fury. If they like what they ride then good for them. Why do some people tell me I should've bought what they ride? Morons.

#17 ·
A good buddy of mine has a Fat Bob and he loves my Fury. He's a realitively new rider and just bought his Harley because he didn't know what else to do. He said he wishes he'd have checked out the other options first.

I will say one thing though, Harley is more than a brand, it is a brotherhood. I have mocked it many many times but the bottom line is its the truth. The Honda shop I bought my bike at is about 100 yards from a Harley shop. Drive by on a summer weekend and there are hundreds of bikes up at the Harley shop, cookouts, bikini bikewashes, etc... Look over to the Honda dealership and there are a few cars in the parking lot.

I love my Fury and would never trade it for a Harley but I will say that I wish we had the commeradery that Harley owners share.

#22 ·
It seems that the Fury gets the head nods and necks turned until they realize that its a Honda or until I tell somebody what kind of bike I ride. Neither of which bother me. What does bother me is when they start looking up the specs on the Fury and realize we are only pushing 56 HP stock, then the cracks come. I apparently have the weakest bike in the group and they can pass me at will and they would slow down for me eventually. What bastards.

#27 ·
It seems that the Fury gets the head nods and necks turned until they realize that its a Honda or until I tell somebody what kind of bike I ride. Neither of which bother me. What does bother me is when they start looking up the specs on the Fury and realize we are only pushing 56 HP stock, then the cracks come. I apparently have the weakest bike in the group and they can pass me at will and they would slow down for me eventually. What bastards.
I've noticed in the lower gears they can leave me, but if I get the jump on them, or I "floor it" in the higher gears, they really have a hard time catching my Fury until I let off the throttle. Horsepower, schmorsepower.....there are other variables to consider...gearing and so forth.

#33 ·
Being in the military, most commands have an active motorcycle club that hosts monthly rides. All bikes within the command are welcome, harleys, honda, bmw's, even a 250 rebel. No one says one is better than the other, we ride to ride and mentor the new rider's - that's it. When we take off, the harley riders can't believe the sound my bike puts out (morton inferno's) and mine typically gets the most looks while at Hooter's or other joints.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.