Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. First I would like to say this is my first post, but have been lurking in the shadows for months, reading and learnig from ALL of you. I must also add, you guys have some of the BEST looking rides out there. Makes me wish I would have stuck to my original plan and bought a Fury. However, I bought the Interstate last year and love it as well. Which brings me to ask you experts your opinions.
After doing my timley research, I have decided I want to change my exhaust to the Bub jug Huggers. I am being told by one distributer that Bub says they do not make them for the Interstate. But the Fury and the Interstate use the same OEM exhaust from Honda. When looking at different pics, I do not see any issues. Clearence for the saddle bags appears to be there. On the Fury pics with Bubs, the swing arm is covered just as it is with the stock exhaust. If I buy them from this distributer, they will not allow a return if they do not fit. Why would they not? So, here I am asking this; you guys that have the knowledge, what do you think? I am looking for any and all input. I had my choice down to the Bubs and Samson Street Sweepers, but the Bubs are more affordable and from what I have read here, the choice of sound.
I apoligize if this is a bit long, but I will THANK YOU ALL in advance.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I run the Bub's on my Fury and love them. Have that fat look ((heat shield) I like and sound so sweet. I would think they would fit the Interstate, however if Bub will not guarantee it, It would be a gamble for you to risk your money. I emailed a lady at Bub Hqs once and she replied very promptly and was very helpful. My suggestions would be: Email Bub (factory, not a vendor) and ask direct their opinion; next, send Clueless (honda mechanic) on this forum a PM. You will get your answer. Hope they work for you because you will love them. Best of luck and welcome to the forum.....

·
Registered
806 Posts
The main difference between the Fury and Interstate is the frame. The 1300 drive train is the same. That being said, the muffle mounting bracket, part 18455-MFR-670 is the same for both bikes so all the mounting locations for the exhaust should be in identical locations meaning any exhaust that fits the Fury, Sabre, or Stateline/Interstate will fit any of the line.

OEM Parts Honda INTERSTATE (VT1300CT) 2010 MUFFLER - Cheap Cycle Parts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your replys. I did pm Cluless, and he also agrees that there should be no problem with the fit. So with all this info, I should be ordering this weekend and as soon as I get them installed, I will post a few pics.
Again, Thanks and I look forward to being a member of the Fury Forum.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I went and did it; Yesterday I ordered the Bub Jug Huggers from West End Motorsprorts. The guy I talked to (Mike) was friendly and gave me a 3-4 day delivery schedule. So if all goes well, by the end of next week, I'll be sporting some Bub's :cool: Even though I don't own a Fury, I still get membership into the Bub Club right :cool:
While I was spending some hard earned $$, I also orderd the Cobra FI2000R Digital Fuel Processor. I got both items for $644 which I thought was a great deal. Pipes in stock and the fc (pricematched) at another warehouse. This is worse than waiting for Christmas, and it's only been a day :D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Well I went and did it; Yesterday I ordered the Bub Jug Huggers from West End Motorsprorts. The guy I talked to (Mike) was friendly and gave me a 3-4 day delivery schedule. So if all goes well, by the end of next week, I'll be sporting some Bub's :cool: Even though I don't own a Fury, I still get membership into the Bub Club right :cool:
While I was spending some hard earned $$, I also orderd the Cobra FI2000R Digital Fuel Processor. I got both items for $644 which I thought was a great deal. Pipes in stock and the fc (pricematched) at another warehouse. This is worse than waiting for Christmas, and it's only been a day :D
Congrats on the new forthcoming mods. Welcome to the "BUB CLUB". You are going to love the look and sound from these babies. Post pics when you get them installed..........

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Mank..... I see you finally came over here for some info. That other board is pretty dead.
Yea, I've picked up a lot of great information from this site. These guys are great with the info and help. Hopefully, the VTCafe will pick up as well as this one has.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Looking forward to hearing about what you think of your ride after the mods...

As far as the VT forum I've tried to do my part in keeping it going but not much comes of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts