Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im soooo pissed my DRUNK cousin dropped my Fury yesterday in my garage when I was getting food for party. He started it and popped clutch and fell!!:mad: He will pay for all the repairs and then some!

Damaged left side, the clutch lever bent and cracked at tip, Small ding in left side of tank:mad::mad: foot peg busted up, left mirror and left rear tip of frame next to shaft drive bolt scrapped it as it rolled forward.

HERES MY PROBLEM real problem now....

I hear a whining noise on left side, from the final drive bolt area IS it the bearings or is the shaft out of whack now??? Need some ideas before it goes to shop.:mad:

Thanks for the help and I must remember never leave the bike keys where drunk people can find them!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Time to form a posse.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Im soooo pissed my DRUNK cousin dropped my Fury yesterday in my garage when I was getting food for party. He started it and popped clutch and fell!!:mad: He will pay for all the repairs and then some!

Damaged left side, the clutch lever bent and cracked at tip, Small ding in left side of tank:mad::mad: foot peg busted up, left mirror and left rear tip of frame next to shaft drive bolt scrapped it as it rolled forward.

HERES MY PROBLEM real problem now....

I hear a whining noise on left side, from the final drive bolt area IS it the bearings or is the shaft out of whack now??? Need some ideas before it goes to shop.:mad:

Thanks for the help and I must remember never leave the bike keys where drunk people can find them!
Uh-oh; I see a major split in the family comin'. Wait 'til he finds-out what this is going to cost, then the whining and bitching will start! Been there, done that.............

Cheers

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
That stinks. Try getting hold of Clueless (RSS, Richard, or some other people may have his contact info and he is probably one of the more mechanicaly knowledgeable ones on the bike) Just dont get too crazy with the pricing since he is family and make sure he pays. My brother and my uncle who grew up together no longer talk since my uncles wife hit my brothers car (he had the special taillight) My uncle says my brother is over charging him and is refusing to pay, my brother scrounged through every junkyard and ended up getting one about 1/4 price of new but still close to $100 bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Time to form a posse.
The old days had some good instant punishment :D

Uh-oh; I see a major split in the family comin'. Wait 'til he finds-out what this is going to cost, then the whining and bitching will start! Been there, done that.............

Cheers
Im chill now but was seeing red yesterday!:D

Get a rope.:)
That crossed my mind twice!:cool:

That stinks. Try getting hold of Clueless (RSS, Richard, or some other people may have his contact info and he is probably one of the more mechanicaly knowledgeable ones on the bike) Just dont get too crazy with the pricing since he is family and make sure he pays. My brother and my uncle who grew up together no longer talk since my uncles wife hit my brothers car (he had the special taillight) My uncle says my brother is over charging him and is refusing to pay, my brother scrounged through every junkyard and ended up getting one about 1/4 price of new but still close to $100 bucks.
He can do some hard labor for me around house Like in the movie COOL HAND LUKE dig a hole fill a hole stuff LOL:p

Thanks i will Pm them later or I hope they see the post...
More mad because I cant ride bike noise is bad sign and I dont want to damage drive any furhter

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
He can do some hard labor for me around house Like in the movie COOL HAND LUKE dig a hole fill a hole stuff LOL:p

Thanks i will Pm them later or I hope they see the post...
More mad because I cant ride bike noise is bad sign and I dont want to damage drive any furhter
He can dig a hole around my house. My well is starting to cave in. I gotta break out the shovel soon or pay a couple bucks to get a hole dug then re filled

·
Registered
835 Posts
OMG! I'm not sure I could have shown as much control! Family or not, I think he would be in the hospital...(and I would be in jail! LOL! part of being a red head I guess).
I am so sorry about this incident! Hopefully, he will man up to the repairs and your bike will be back good as new soon! Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG! I'm not sure I could have shown as much control! Family or not, I think he would be in the hospital...(and I would be in jail! LOL! part of being a red head I guess).
I am so sorry about this incident! Hopefully, he will man up to the repairs and your bike will be back good as new soon! Keep us posted.
Thanks so much was a big time sad sunday even thought the Bears stole one against the Lions.
Im a die hard Bears fans since Walter Payton Days...:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Thats a real bummer! Post up any stock parts needed for replacement. Some of us may have a donation of parts for you to replace them with and then give your cousin a kick in the nuts from the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats a real bummer! Post up any stock parts needed for replacement. Some of us may have a donation of parts for you to replace them with and then give your cousin a kick in the nuts from the rest of us.
Thanks for your generous offer Dave you are super cool!

Thanks to all out there who care it means alot to me....:D

I have bids out on clutch lever and foot pegs so all i need is the tank issue looked at and the rear end shaft whine.... The tank dent is deep and pointed but only the size of a popcorn kernel soo I will live with it till winter.

Thanks Dave and I hope you and your family are doing well, did you have the wedding yet for your daughter??? I thought you had mentioned this before in a post!

Anyway Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure what mods you made and, thus, what parts you need. But, I've got a list of original items off my Fury I just posted For Sale today:

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-sale/4726-numerous-honda-fury-parts.html

I can also lend you my boat if you want to take your cousin trolling for alligators or hammerheads down here :eek:
That will work! The boat that is!

I have some bids out on Ebay as we speak if I lose Ill Pm you if thats cool? I think I should win but Im not goin nuts on bidding. May need the mirrors from you... Will PM this week on them...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
<------ See avitar. :eek: :D j/k
....I would have been sick if that happened to my bike.....then he would have been "sick". Good luck and get that noise checked as soon as possible.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I got a place WAY up north in the middle of the woods on the water. I'll buy a few bags of concrete mix and we can start making some concrete shoes???
I aint kiddin!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts