Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to RCComponents. They have been working on the Fury wheels and have concluded that this bike is totally different than the VTX1300 as far as wheels and hubs go. We are working a deal where I will send my bike to them so that they may use it for a test bed to be able to provide us all a workable wheel, hub, and rotor solution within a few weeks.

I have dealt with RCComponents numerous times in the past with other bikes and their products are top notch, supperior to all other options I had at the time.

Stay tuned, I will keep you informed of any and all progress.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Make sure they make one for a 240 tire!

Make sure to let them know they need to make wheels that will fit the 200 stock and the 240 for those of us that decide to move up. I will be moving up to the 240 a soon as a wheel is available, so they will have one customer here for sure!

Just a thought, I really like the wheel at the below link for the fury. Unfortunately it is not one from the RC website. I also added a couple more cool links to some nice stuff they have.

Wheels: Phoenix GhostRider Customs

360 Brake System (as mentioned on this forum before): 360 Brake System GhostRider Customs

Turn Signal Grips: Turn Signal Grips GhostRider Customs

Nice Footpegs: Custom Chopper and Bobber Pegs - GhostRider Customs

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2nd Update

Keep us posted!
I talked to RC again and they will let me know by tomorrow if they are going to take in my bike for a R&D platform. I am hoping they do, and can spare it for a month, but RC says they only need it for a week to complete their work.

Next update Thursday 6/18/2009.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They found a local bike to use.

RCComponents have found a local bike to use for their R&D. We can expect some wheel options in just a few weeks. This will give us all an option to go to new wheels, and with very high expectations of a 240 option.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GREAT NEWS!

I got a call from RCComponents yesturday and they are going to come get my bike to sttart the R&D on the Fury. The local guy and his bike fell through. They should have my bike in their shop by the end of next week and should have something out for us within a couple of weeks after. So if you have been wanting polished, chrome, or better yet, their Eclipse wheels, here they come. Check out their web sit and let your mouth start watering.

I will keep everyone updated.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
SWEET! I hope it all works out :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
Phantom Hub?

Anyone know what the RC Components Phantom Hub for Honda Cruisers is? Is this a requirment for a bike with a drive shaft (Honda) to make RC wheels fit or is this an added option that does something?

·
Registered
829 Posts
May be a while on the 240 (or 300)

I talked to RAW and they said they do not have plans to work on a Fat Tire solution for the Fury any time soon. I checked the RC website and I don't see anything around that either. Looks like it may be a while. :(

Anyone know the answer to the following: Anyone know what the RC Components Phantom Hub for Honda Cruisers is? Is this a requirment for a bike with a drive shaft (Honda) to make RC wheels fit or is this an added option that does something?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to leave everyone hanging on this. I had to go spend a week or two in Hawaii on business and did not log on to many times.

RCC says they will not have a 240 solution. And as far as I know,(99.99%), the phantom hub is not required, just wheels and highly recommend the rotors to match the wheels.

There is another thread I addressed the 240 thing.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I talked to RAW and they said they do not have plans to work on a Fat Tire solution for the Fury any time soon. I checked the RC website and I don't see anything around that either. Looks like it may be a while. :(

Anyone know the answer to the following: Anyone know what the RC Components Phantom Hub for Honda Cruisers is? Is this a requirment for a bike with a drive shaft (Honda) to make RC wheels fit or is this an added option that does something?
The phantom hub allows you to use all of their wheels instead of the ones that are only compatible with shaft drive.

·
Registered
500 Posts
That 360 is gorgeous

Make sure to let them know they need to make wheels that will fit the 200 stock and the 240 for those of us that decide to move up. I will be moving up to the 240 a soon as a wheel is available, so they will have one customer here for sure!

Just a thought, I really like the wheel at the below link for the fury. Unfortunately it is not one from the RC website. I also added a couple more cool links to some nice stuff they have.

Wheels: Phoenix GhostRider Customs

360 Brake System (as mentioned on this forum before): 360 Brake System GhostRider Customs

Turn Signal Grips: Turn Signal Grips GhostRider Customs

Nice Footpegs: Custom Chopper and Bobber Pegs - GhostRider Customs
That 360 brake system looks incredible; getting those rotors outta there would *really* make chrome rims shine :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts