Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 fury and was wondering if anybody has put that windshield on it and if it really does make a difference

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a 2010 fury and was wondering if anybody has put that windshield on it and if it really does make a difference View attachment 236683
I just can't say enough good things about Memphis Shades brand, Speed Demon cut, with the gradient black with black brackets.
Excellent wind break, doesn't detract from look EZ mount/dismount brackets.
You can ride all day with no wind fatigue.
Screenshot_20200505-082603_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just can't say enough good things about Memphis Shades brand, Speed Demon cut, with the gradient black with black brackets.
Excellent wind break, doesn't detract from look EZ mount/dismount brackets.
You can ride all day with no wind fatigue.
View attachment 236684
Running the same windshield .... looks really good! DEFINITELY cuts down on the wind, BIG difference!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a Memphis Shades as well. It makes a difference. It is finicky on the spacing above the headlight. To close and you get buffetting, to high and you get more wind on you. You have to keep from getting a low pressure cycle happening.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a Memphis Shades as well. It makes a difference. It is finicky on the spacing above the headlight. To close and you get buffetting, to high and you get more wind on you. You have to keep from getting a low pressure cycle happening.
2016 fury.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
What wind??

·
Registered
10 Posts
The wind from underneath the windshield when you raise it off the headlight. It still comes around the underneath the screen to a point as well. If you mount it to close you get the your helmet bouncing around a bit. I didnt want a full screen as I want some wind but want to avoid bug strikes. It is preferred so I don't get worn out riding on longer rides.

I bought the Memphis Shades Speed Demon. It has the quick release so in the summer I will probably pull it off for more wind. If I did it over again, I would probably buy the next smaller size. It hits right at eye level now. I am 5'8" and I slouch down if I want protection and sit up taller to see over. If I move the mounts it affects the buffetting on my helmet. That is kind of a PITA but can also be a benefit for protection.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The wind from underneath the windshield when you raise it off the headlight. It still comes around the underneath the screen to a point as well. If you mount it to close you get the your helmet bouncing around a bit. I didnt want a full screen as I want some wind but want to avoid bug strikes. It is preferred so I don't get worn out riding on longer rides.

I bought the Memphis Shades Speed Demon. It has the quick release so in the summer I will probably pull it off for more wind. If I did it over again, I would probably buy the next smaller size. It hits right at eye level now. I am 5'8" and I slouch down if I want protection and sit up taller to see over. If I move the mounts it affects the buffetting on my helmet. That is kind of a PITA but can also be a benefit for protection.
Mine sits ON the headlight on the rubber that came with the shield. Looks better that way too!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine sits ON the headlight on the rubber that came with the shield. Looks better that way too!
I completely agree. That is what I started with, but for some reason my head was bouncing all over the place. Took some time to work it out. Heck it might just be my helmet paired with the shield. I am going to by a beanie helmet soon, so we'll see if that does it as well. PS. Like your seat. What kind is that? Did it raise you up much from the original?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where did you get it at
Bought it on line, I think directly from Memphis Shades. I am up in Wisconsin everything around was more expensive. Couldn't find any deals on them at the time. Where did you get that backrest for your rear seat. Was that part of the rear seat when you bought it? I have just the bolt on extra with no backrest.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I completely agree. That is what I started with, but for some reason my head was bouncing all over the place. Took some time to work it out. Heck it might just be my helmet paired with the shield. I am going to by a beanie helmet soon, so we'll see if that does it as well. PS. Like your seat. What kind is that? Did it raise you up much from the original?
I wear a half helmet (Similar to what motorcycle police wear) and protective glasses/goggles when I ride. It is a Mustang seat and raises me about an inch above the original.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bought it on line, I think directly from Memphis Shades. I am up in Wisconsin everything around was more expensive. Couldn't find any deals on them at the time. Where did you get that backrest for your rear seat. Was that part of the rear seat when you bought it? I have just the bolt on extra with no backrest.
With the Mustang seat, there is a 'slot' to attach a backrest which I did. (Helps a lot on longer rides)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used a harley screen and chopped it down, at first there was a ton of buffering and lower made it a lot more comfortable ride. The clamps are 49mm with a 2mm sidewall tube to make up the difference.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Memphis Shades Bullet Fairing on mine. Still playing with the height on it, I'm over 6ft tall, but I'm loving the fact that I no longer feel the stinging sensation of a Junebug between the eyes @ 60mph, lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts