Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I had all my new parts added for the riding season, someone turned in front of me in no turn lane. I was fortunate to miss running directly into them, but the bike and I went to the ground! My phone was in my pocket and was crunched (the employees at the AT&T store said they had never seen an iPhone that destroyed). My watch got all scratched up and my favorite jeans got a whole torn in them. I am bruised, sore, and have some road rash (feels like a bad sunburn), but I will be fine. I am taking the bike in tommorrow morning to get an idea of the damage. The police came out and gave the guy a ticket, so I will be working through his insurane to get everything fixed as soon as possible. Hopefully I will not have to miss too much of this riding season.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Ah Crap that Sucks TX. Well, at least nothing broken, guess best can be said. Just lay up and get better, and post whatever you need. We will find it for you. Take care Buddy. Watch out for those little blue pills, they potent.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Just when I had all my new parts added for the riding season, someone turned in front of me in no turn lane. I was fortunate to miss running directly into them, but the bike and I went to the ground! My phone was in my pocket and was crunched (the employees at the AT&T store said they had never seen an iPhone that destroyed). My watch got all scratched up and my favorite jeans got a whole torn in them. I am bruised, sore, and have some road rash (feels like a bad sunburn), but I will be fine. I am taking the bike in tommorrow morning to get an idea of the damage. The police came out and gave the guy a ticket, so I will be working through his insurane to get everything fixed as soon as possible. Hopefully I will not have to miss too much of this riding season.
Man That sux but at least Your ok ...

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Don't sign off on any settlements till the bike is up & running again. Also you may feel pain somewhere tomorrow that hasn't manifested itself yet today & I'm not talking about faking it. Hope all turns out well.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Sorry, TX... that sucks. Hope you heal quickly! Make sure they pay for all your add-ons too, and not just stock parts!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Glad you're alright - we can always fix the bikes!

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Sorry to hear that Tx. Glad to hear you aren't to banged up. Hope you and your bike have a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
560 Posts
geez and you JUST put that sumo kit on didnt you?:rolleyes:. in all seriousness I'm glad your ok. if theres any advice I can give you whatsoever its whenever your get back on the bike give it some time to get comfortable again. When I went down a few years back it really rattled my cage.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
friend of mine crashed 3 weeks ago.the guys insurance co said they wouldnt pay for aftermarket add ons untill his lawer spoke to them.they are now glad to pay for all of them.they dont have to pay for his but they do yours if it was his fault.dont let them bull crap you.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Glad to see you made out ok. Dont take too may pain killers, as you dont want to mask the true pains you may have. And yes, you may want to look into a good lawer to get what you deserve. Did the asshole at least keep put till the po-po go there? Did they offer assistance or appologize for causing the accident. IF they did, they have admitted fault and are not liable.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
HEY

Shit can be fixed.......you are ok.........THAT is what matters...good luck and hope you feel better soon..........t

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. They guy stopped, apologized, admitted fault, and was very nice. He felt bad because he is a fellow rider. There was a police report and they gave him a ticket too. My biggest concern is that the insurance will not want to pay for my after market parts. I have a lot of $ I have put into this bike and I just want it back to the way it was before the accident. Hopefully they treat me fairly and I do not have to get a lawyer just to fix my bike properly. Please PM me of you have any recommendation on lawyers in Texas in case I am forced to go that direction.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Sorry to hear that TX, but glad your alright. If you can document what you have spent on your bike you should be okay. 460 & CB, what's a lawer?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
DAMN IT!!

Glad you still typing! Just went thru the same thing last fri night, road rash sucks!!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
By the way, did you guys have your Gremlin Bell properly mounted?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
my last bell got ripped off riding a lil to low, Its more powerful when a friend gives you one also

1 - 20 of 41 Posts