Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I'm brand new here, I pretty much heard of this site around '09 when the Furys started to really take off. My hometown is Repentigny, Quebec Canada, which is right outside the Montreal island, but I currently reside in Blainville which is about 30 miles north of that. I don't own a motorbike - hell, I don't even own a motorcycle licence! But I have been DREAMING of owning a Fury... well, pretty much ever since I first saw it.

My wife has been hearing me ranting about how one day I'd like to own one, so when I hit 40 last week she surprised me with a gift certificate worth the whole motorcycle driver's course. I'm starting on the theory next week!

I went to the Montreal motorcycle show last friday (Salon de la Moto), and paid a 30$ parking, a 15$ entrance fee, just to go in there and walk straight into the Honda booth to finally sit on the 2015 VT1300CX. It almost felt like an extension of my own body... Really something special to experience.

So I figured I was gonna rub up to the most enthusiastic, experienced Fury owners just to find out everything there is about it!
You're now stuck with me for at least 1 whole year with me not owning a Fury!

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hey guys, so I'm brand new here, I pretty much heard of this site around '09 when the Furys started to really take off. My hometown is Repentigny, Quebec Canada, which is right outside the Montreal island, but I currently reside in Blainville which is about 30 miles north of that. I don't own a motorbike - hell, I don't even own a motorcycle licence! But I have been DREAMING of owning a Fury... well, pretty much ever since I first saw it.

My wife has been hearing me ranting about how one day I'd like to own one, so when I hit 40 last week she surprised me with a gift certificate worth the whole motorcycle driver's course. I'm starting on the theory next week!

I went to the Montreal motorcycle show last friday (Salon de la Moto), and paid a 30$ parking, a 15$ entrance fee, just to go in there and walk straight into the Honda booth to finally sit on the 2015 VT1300CX. It almost felt like an extension of my own body... Really something special to experience.

So I figured I was gonna rub up to the most enthusiastic, experienced Fury owners just to find out everything there is about it!
You're now stuck with me for at least 1 whole year with me not owning a Fury!
Welcome from Ohio!!! Your taste is impeccable in bikes, and your wife sounds cool too!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Welcome! Unfortunately this is going to be one of the longest years of your life!:)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Enjoy lurking around man, I was In Daytona Florida in 09 the year the Honda Fury was introduced, and fell in love, I've been dreaming and wanting one ever since, and Just finally was able to not even a week ago!! Well worth the Wait!!! But man it sure does look pretty in my garage waiting for snow to melt!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey guys, so I'm brand new here...
Welcome! 8 years ago I honeymooned in Montreal -- we drove up from Connecticut in my pickup with my Honda CX500 in the back. Good times. Ah, if only I had the Fury then!!!! You are going to love it. Bonne chance!

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Good morning and welcome to the Nation from the UK !!!

Great choice in bike and I just hope the year flies by until you get to ride :)

Until then soak up the info and any questions, just fire them away at us, and we'll do our best to help.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome from the UK (I'm another member currently trying to find a Fury! :D)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Bienvenue dans le coin! En ce moment je vis dans l'etat de Maryland, mais je viens d'Ottawa :)

I think you should just get the Fury and keep it in your garage and slowly buy parts for it until you can ride it. I mean...you know you're getting it, why wait? :-D

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Welcome from Utah and I hope you find the perfect one for you and that the year goes quickly. Good luck on getting your license as well.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts