Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Son of a ^@#$! Mother )&*$#! I cant get my baffles out!!!! I'm goin to need alot more beer for this one.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Son of a ^@#$! Mother )&*$#! I cant get my baffles out!!!! I'm goin to need alot more beer for this one.
Lol... grab that OEM stock support bar that you don't use any more, put it in a crack right behind the pipes, put a hook around it and around the 12 gauge wire on the baffle, have somebody hold the bike and grab a decent sized hammer :D... just saying..

Oh and another beer too doesn't hurt :rolleyes: or three... tequilla too...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol... grab that OEM stock support bar that you don't use any more, put it in a crack right behind the pipes, put a hook around it and around the 12 gauge wire on the baffle, have somebody hold the bike and grab a decent sized hammer :D... just saying..

Oh and another beer too doesn't hurt :rolleyes: or three... tequilla too...
what kind of hook?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
what kind of hook?
I used some thicker speaker wire, like 12 gauge speaker wire for my hook... worked good actually, but I it's more about that leverage though... anything with thicker gauge wire than a hanger (some have gotten that to work though, but some break the wire too... )

Warm up the bike a little bit too...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Go down to the auto parts store and see if the have a free tool rental on a slide hammer...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have to accept the fact that I do not have the proper tools here at my house.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I used some thicker speaker wire, like 12 gauge speaker wire for my hook... worked good actually, but I it's more about that leverage though... anything with thicker gauge wire than a hanger (some have gotten that to work though, but some break the wire too... )

Warm up the bike a little bit too...
I don't know if this would work but why not hook the baffle, tie the wire to a telephone pole or something like that and instead of beating on something why not jump on the bike and ride it out?
Or do you think the tire will just spin?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I don't know if this would work but why not hook the baffle, tie the wire to a telephone pole or something like that and instead of beating on something why not jump on the bike and ride it out?
I think you would damage the pipes because of the angle that the baffle needs to come out at. If the tire was to start spinning, then there is no way your hammering it out, it's in there for good.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I think you would damage the pipes because of the angle that the baffle needs to come out at. If the tire was to start spinning, then there is no way your hammering it out, it's in there for good.
Richard,
Are your saying they need to come out at a down angle? The same angle as the pipe?
I want to make sure I do it right myself!
I don't wan't to screw anything up.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well if nothing else it was a good reason to down a couple cold ones. I'll grab something from work tomorrow that will get them little bastards out.:D

Thanks for all the offers and help

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yes you have to pull them out at the same angle at the exhaust pipes. I can pull both mine out with a slide hammer with a hook on the end in a matter of moments. Are you planning on keeping them out or modifying and re-installing them?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I used a 4x4 post. My pipes werent installed yet tho.:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
If you do this method, please o pretty please video it and put it on YouTube... lol

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
The right job for the right tool, the right tool for the right job, do it right the first time, do no damage, go on to the next thing, a happy beer.

Beg, borrow, steal, rent
1. slidehammer with L hook
2. slidehammer with L hook
3. slidehammer with L hook
4. that was easy, time for beer

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
If you do this method, please o pretty please video it and put it on YouTube... lol
I KNOW YOU WANT DISASTER RSS!
If it does go bad then at least I can get the Sampson's or the V2'S. I wouldn't have this problem if I would have gotten one or the other in the first place!
That's how I look at it. Don't know if that's how the wife will look at it!:eek:

On a serious note:
I think it would work. LOL.
Tie the wire around the pole at the same angle as the pipe, ride the clutch a little, pull that bitch right out!

OR, take Mentals advice.:D

You know, this might be a good thing to try at INDY!!
If I do it I will record it.

Hopefully we won't have to have it in the "what not to do section"
Do we have one of those sections?:D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I used a spring hook and large vice grips. Hook it on one of the holes in the baffles and whack it with the hammer. Warming it up a little helps. When you get them out and if you plan to reinstall them, get a belt sander and sand the rings on the baffle. It will make it easier to yank them out in the future. Mine slide out easy now. I cut my baffles at the first ring.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I used a thick clothes hanger and made a hook on one end clamped vice grips on it and hammered them out . Clamp vice grips as tight as you can get em and hit vice grips with a hammer . Sanded the rings down befor they went back in . Drilled 3 holes in the restrictor plate in each baffle with 1/2 inch drill bit and drill press , sound alot better than they did befor the holes .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts