Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not done by a long shot, but she's comin' together. Some of the work still needs a little tweakin' but ran out of time. Gotta plastic tie here and there that I'll redo but for now ...

Forward controls are Accutronix extended diamond arms/drilled pegs; they're beautiful although not as agressive-themed as the tribal design a lotta guys like; S&S air cleaner kinda speaks for itself; looks beautiful on the bike and is tried and true design for a couple decades or more now - can ride it thru a tidal wave I think without water-in-motor issues. Had a hell of a time getting it mounted nice and tight but finally is solid on there and looks beeyoutiful :). As far as the scootworks risers go I can sum up the situation in one single absolutely final word: BUY THEM NOW OR YOU WILL REGRET IT FOREVER !!! ... hm waitaminite that's ah .. well ... you get the idea. They're frickin' amazing - you sit back in the seat like a chopper was meant to sit the rider; back straighter; arms out straight; looking down on the steering head; it'll ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY just slightly change the position/ride/feel to what it shoulda been all along. I LOVE DEM RISERS!!! (maybe the best mod I've done). No kidding!!

Pics kinda suck but I was tired and this is what I wound up with, sry. I'm hoping to have chrome rims in next couple/few weeks; I'll try and get some really good pics for maybe my last pics-post when they come in; give ya'll good idea of how it all looks :)

P.S. coupla changes; gonna have to lose the little windscreen; liked it a lot pre-riser but now it clutters up my front end; never was really certain it did anything anyway lol.

Don't know if I like the saddleman's toolbag; discontinued highwayman's line for $19; great quality bag but doesn't hang the way I want. so to speak lol

Hopin' the RAW fork caps top off the fork look I want; ordered a set they look great on the website.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Speakin of them risers, how tall are you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Stone,
Bikes looking great. I have the same color and have added the cobra's as well.
I was looking the other day at possibly adding risers, but was concerned about having enough slack in the cables. Any issues with that?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
right at 6'. But I think the riser's would improve anyone's ride. Unlike the fwd cntrls where height's a lot more critical. If that's what you were thinkin' about ...
Your quote on the windsheild kinda feel the same , Im going to get it tinted to see if helps the look . By the way your bike looking good .

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stone,
Bikes looking great. I have the same color and have added the cobra's as well.
I was looking the other day at possibly adding risers, but was concerned about having enough slack in the cables. Any issues with that?
No issues. I have slightly overlength stainless brakelines but I assume stock one's are fine. My understanding there's a slight variance in cabling from the factory on most bikes, but I followed the posts here and quite a few guys added the risers before I did, and none (that I remember) reported any cabling that didn't work. Takes some fiddlefaddling and routing my vary somewhat on different cables on different bikes. There were a couple excellent posts here (one in particular; can't remember the poster) if you run a search on risers that really lay out all the details. I don't think you'll have any unsolvable issues with cables. And the risers are worth it; I really like the ride a LOT more since I put them on.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your quote on the windsheild kinda feel the same , Im going to get it tinted to see if helps the look . By the way your bike looking good .
Thx blu; hey be sure to post if you tint that little screen; be interested to see what it looks like :) I gave some thought to the homemade screen expander procedure as developed and posted by OGJP, if I remember his screen name right, which looked pretty cool, but have decided that thus far I don't wanna work that hard lol. But it was a novel windscreen solution.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Your bike looks great. I am jeolous of the accutronics controlls. That money tree has to start producing better for me to get those! LOL! I am 5'9" and the stock bars fit me great. I still like the looks of the bars being so close to the tank as well. Just not the mod for me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm only 5'8 and I'm getting the hunchback pains. Can't wait to get the risers, I'm bent too much forward and awkward right now. Did you notice any difference to steer/handling at all?

Right now, between the pipes givin me headaches, and the backaches, I'm riding with painkillers. :eek:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm only 5'8 and I'm getting the hunchback pains. Can't wait to get the risers, I'm bent too much forward and awkward right now. Did you notice any difference to steer/handling at all?

Right now, between the pipes givin me headaches, and the backaches, I'm riding with painkillers. :eek:
I don't think the risers actually change the handling/steering of the bike, but for me, I was just sitting more comfortably so it kinda feels like it's handling better. but I think that's just from sitting more relaxed on the bike. I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with the risers and the affect they have. Be sure and post and let us know.

Kinda of a cooler view over the steering head also; since you're sitting different. At least for me. Guess I shouldn't assume it'll be the same for everyone. Also, I can hear my pipes better now lol; sounds wierd I know, but I guess my head is back closer to the business end of them now.

I just have to say it's an overall easy and very cool mod for the effects it gives. Much more than I expected. Hope you like 'em as much as I did.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Gauges

As far as the scootworks risers go I can sum up the situation in one single absolutely final word: BUY THEM NOW OR YOU WILL REGRET IT FOREVER !!! ... hm waitaminite that's ah .. well ... you get the idea. They're frickin' amazing - you sit back in the seat like a chopper was meant to sit the rider; back straighter; arms out straight; looking down on the steering head; it'll ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY just slightly change the position/ride/feel to what it shoulda been all along. I LOVE DEM RISERS!!! (maybe the best mod I've done). No kidding!!
I know we've been talking about gauges for A/F and tach and I just couldn't help myself now that you have all that extra room with the risers :D!

Just to be clear, this is Stonewheel's ride! (with a little photochopping)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool beans

Actually that's a nifty idea; there's a lot of room, and you can't really tell from the pic but you're looking directly into that area as you ride with the risers on there. Thx for the idea :)

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Excellent idea. But how does one go about hooking up a tach?
T
Did you miss this one :confused:?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdebeers
How about this one.
Drag Specialties 1-7/8" Mini Tach - White Face It's $ 80.95. Any thoughts on how to hook one up?
T

Drag Specialties :: Dashes & Gauges > Gauges > 1 7/8” ELECTRONIC MINI TACHOMETER Mini Tach

Yup, save $139, lose the billet and you get tacky; pun intended. Looks like the Baron billet tach simply hooks up to the ignition coil (black/white for positive, and blue/yellow and yellow/blue for negative). The tach does come with instructions as a universal fit but I'd still verify with the vendor. They use an included adapter for single fire ignition. I've seen it as low as $202.36.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Gar, clever picture. You got yourself into the photo. Left hand mirror.
The only thing I don't like about the risers, is that they bring the speedo up with them. It starts to look like its floating there.
Nice ride though!

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the risers, is that they bring the speedo up with them. It starts to look like its floating there.
Nice ride though!
That's Stonewheel in the mirror 'cause it's his chopper :eek:. We were just playin' with ideas. Me, I'm holding out for the ABS Fury, Señor version :D. As for the floating speedo, the idea is to fill up some of the extra space with gearhead gauges :p!
As far as the scootworks risers go I can sum up the situation in one single absolutely final word: BUY THEM NOW OR YOU WILL REGRET IT FOREVER !!! ... hm waitaminite that's ah .. well ... you get the idea. They're frickin' amazing - you sit back in the seat like a chopper was meant to sit the rider; back straighter; arms out straight; looking down on the steering head; it'll ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY just slightly change the position/ride/feel to what it shoulda been all along. I LOVE DEM RISERS!!! (maybe the best mod I've done). No kidding!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice ride though!
Thx Spring. and yeah that's me sneakin' into the left rearview mirror there lol ... on the floatin' speedo thing, I hear ya. When a couple guys posted pics with the risers before I put them on I had the same thought ... wasn't sure if I cared for it or not. I finally decided it wasn't my favorite thing, but that it didn't bother me too much.

But when I got it on there, it's great! From the rider perspective it's looks aces - you're lookin' right down into it .. the effect is kinda that the whole steering head is up higher like the front end is taller. It isn't really, but the effect is cool. And when ya walk around lookin' at it, it takes the lines of the forks and runs it up another 4 inches; has a good chopperish effect. Just my opinion, goes without sayin' :)

Anyways, I'm not describing it well, but if you get a chance to sit behind it you'll see better than I can explain it. All I can say is, it works...Great!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Kirk, I too 5'8" and have be to PT for 8 weeks to get the knot out of my back. Now I keep adjusting my riding position with a straight back,, helps a lot. Let me know about the risers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts