Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran out of gas today just as I pulled into my work parking lot. Gas light never came on. Is there a fuse just for that light. Everything else works. Im at work so I don't have my manual so figured I would try getting an answer here

·
Registered
94 Posts
For that same reason I rely more on the amount of miles that I normally get per tank full to let me know that I'm running low, in case the light stops working.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Keep pressing the button...

Clock --> Mileage --> Trip A --> Trip B --> Clock --> Mileage --> Trip A --> Trip B --> Clock

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Good rule of thumb I have always used is to tank up and set the speedo trip to zero. When you reach 100 miles its time to refuel the tank.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
90 miles, i start looking for gas, my shadow spirit 750 taught me that and i cant break myself of it LOL.....................t

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Took it into the dealership today after work. Tuesday I had it in the shop for its initial service. When they took the tank off to adjust the valves and put everything back together they neglected to hook the sensor back up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
T-Bone, don't feel bad, you're not alone, I only get an average of 95-miles per tank. Maybe is time to loose weight :), at least in my case........

Traben13, make it a habbit of also using your trip-milage sensor as a guide line, just as a secondary pre-causurement.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think whoever decided to get rid of the petcocks to switch from ON to OFF to RESERVE sucks. I hate fuel lights. But for that matter, would it really be that tough to put an actual fuel gauge? No doubt they could have figured out how to tweak its sensitivity to not be super-responsive to leaning, but sort of average out...

I had an '82 Monte Carlo that had a shit fuel gauge that was more like our fuel lights--it would stay at totally FULL until things got low, and then it would literally bounce back and forth like a pinball, then you had like 30 miles to refuel. Unfortunately, poor planning and a 5 am departure en route to skiing in Vermont once left me stranded between the long gap between exits just over the Mass. border into Vermont! So I guess nothing is fool proof! (And yes, I was a fool that morning! Luckily a good samaritin picked me up AND brought me back!)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Took it into the dealership today after work. Tuesday I had it in the shop for its initial service. When they took the tank off to adjust the valves and put everything back together they neglected to hook the sensor back up.
Good to hear! Sometimes, sometimes life IS really simpler than it seems at first glance and problems are not as dire as first perceptions might suggest. Of course, occasionally, things turn-out a whole lot worse than you originally anticipated, in which case, your WHOLE UNIVERSE turns totally to shit. Sounds like you dodged the bullet on this one!...........LOL.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts