Honda Fury Forums: banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Never checked my mpg on the Fury. Buying this thing was all about smiles per gallon.
I could care less if I get 25 or 50, I love this bike.
Never ran it dry before, haven't even had the light come on yet, with 110 miles.
I can't imagine a 2017 model should get any less or any more than a 2010 model since the engine has not changed a single bit. Right hand is what's gonna get ya.
as my m8 above said, I just count the smiles per gallon and its loads !!! >:)

Reactions: johnq

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
So in the 3rd tank I just got 41mpg. I'm not longer unhappy. Lmao
Glad to hear it.

I just started a new test. A gas station selling ethanol free gas is now very close to home. So I am going to run it just to see if I get different mileage and/or performance.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
You will!!!!!!!
I pretty much figured I would. It will take me a bit to really get into this as it has been pretty cold lately!

I guess I could always do the same test in my truck lol!

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog and 835

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
3/8/2018
2.807 ÷ 134.7= 47.98
3/14/2018
207.3 ÷ 128.1= 47.4
That's enough entries for me. Fill-up every six days and averaging 47 mpg on my work commute. Ear to ear grin both ways.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Since being reflashed over the winter, I have commuted to work on the Fury twice so far - about a 90 mile round trip. Exactly 40mpg each fill up. That's down from 50+mpg last year doing the same ride. But, like Paul131313 has said - "Ear to ear grin both ways!!" I've have not been nursing it either. Fuel consumption will improve once (if) I control the throttle usage. Acceleration from 60 to 90 is like an afterburner has kicked in !! :flamebike: Soon I will get off the interstate and take the 50mph back road to work - that was where I got the best gas mileage last year. A few more cents in the tank is worth it - I'm loving the re-flash, the idle and the extra ponies. :winetime::toast:

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
One other thought about my fuel usage... I've been riding without my windscreen this year. I would bet using it adds a mpg or two due to the improved aero... :winetime:

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
365 Posts
- I am in California so the gas is the worst kind if you are mpg conscious
- I am not a small guy (but no giant either) 240 lbs
- ECU was flashed. Even Don states your mpg may suffer (And quite likely it will. You sacrifice fuel efficiency for added power and thrills)
- I ride like I stole it and was getting around 35-37 mpg. If lucky I got close to 40. That is back when I gave a sh.t and actually checked!

I made my peace with it. I no longer think/worry about it, neither should you. If I gave a flying silver sh.t about mpg, I'd have gotten a scooter!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2011 Fury is stock except for the pipes; unsure of brand as I bought it with them on, but I average 46 mpg on 87 octane. My best tank ever is 59 mpg with the last two being 53 and 55 mpg. I use fuelly to track mileage for all my vehicles, so the numbers are fairly accurate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious what kind of range people are getting before they have to pull in and fill up.I rode about 90 miles then the gas light came on.
I fill my tank up as much as I can...Today I got 137 miles when my light came on. I gassed up at 150 miles.....3.1 gallons. I use regular unleaded 87 Oct. Much higher mileage than advertised. Some highway.....a lot of surface roads here in Myrtle Beach.....love the sound of my unbaffled Cobra Swing Pipes...So I do not baby my throttle. FYI.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i use ethanol free gas. I just had it re-flashed... I have no idea the gas milage.. I ran regular gas when i got the bike and switched over to ethanol-free fuel. it runs better.. I ride everyday and have for over a year and have zero ides how it is on fuel.. I am gonna fill up today and check cuz i want to know now..hahaha had the GUHL re-flash I am [email protected] idle 6250 rev and he did the fuel as well.. I will let you know in the next few days. I can do 100 miles in a afternoon..

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm probably an idiot but I didn't know that we have a fuel light on the Fury. I guess I never let it get low enough for it to come on. (Good to know though)

·
Premium Member
2019 Fury. Blue on Blue. 8Deg Tree, 3" extension, Baron Air, Road Burner pipes, All LED Lights, Guhl
78 Posts
I filled up with Regular on my way home tonight to see if the tick tick tick tick would stop. I will see if it changes the MPG enough to notice tomorrow.
I filled up with Regular on my way home tonight to see if the tick tick tick tick would stop. I will see if it changes the MPG enough to notice tomorrow.
The tick tick sound is most likely the injectors. These bikes make several different sounds. Mine is a 2019 with 6,000 miles. All the sounds it had when new!! It still has. With stock pipes there is a sound that seams to be piston knock or wrist pin sound. I am an auto tech and I search everywhere for an answer. The dealership's both said normal. All the post on here told me normal. ONE POST SAID TO FIX IT ! PUT ON AFTERMARKET PIPES!!!! THE SOUND GOES AWAY. I PUT ON ROAD BIRNER DUALS, STRAIGHT. LOVE THEM QUITE AT IDLING. GRAET SOUND ABOVE 1/3 THROTTLE.

·
Registered
25 Posts
42-43 mpg on 54 m commute,40 of those miles on I-40 at 80-95 mph...casual cruising on days off work,I've yielded up to 52 mpg...love my bike!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Should I not be running premium and just wanted to verify that I can run a 240 on back correct just have to air it up after it's on .

·
Registered
136 Posts
Should I not be running premium and just wanted to verify that I can run a 240 on back correct just have to air it up after it's on .
IMO - run what you bike likes. My truck runs good and gets great gas mileage with Chevron regular, runs ok and crappy mileage with Costco regular but loves Costco premium.
Bike hates both but runs fantastic with Shell mid grade. Before installing the FC I was getting about 115/120 miles per tank. Not sure what the mileage is after the FC install with all the tweaks but currently at 90 miles on this tank riding my normal style.
Bottom line (and this is my opinion) try different brands, you my be surprised.
And yes you can run a 240, haven't had to deflate it when removing/installing. Like others been running at 37/38 psi.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts