Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the prices in your area? In this little town the station owners all get together,on Monday mornings and decide what they want to charge for gas,"this week"!:( it's currently at $4.19.7 today. I guess I don't "really" understand the pricing of oil? Oil price goes up per barrell=Gas goes up! Oil price per barrell,goes down=Gas goes up?:confused: Ron

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
We hit $4.19 last week and I noticed yesterday that a lot of stations were back down to $3.85. I’m no expert on oil pricing, but keep in mind that many times when they talk about the price per barrel going up or down, it’s the “futures” they are talking about. Not necessarily the current price.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Nah. They only talk about the "futures" for it going DOWN. It goes up immediately. I watch the Sheetz next to my work, and the price will go up but it's the same damn gas that was in the ground the day before. I could see if the price changed with each load when they fill the ground tanks, but it just goes up randomly.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
the oil prices you need to look at is brent crude, sweet and otherwise. the prices the media reports on is usualy west texas, which has NO bearing on gas prices.

beyong that its a case of gouging while the stations will keep a prices artificially inflated before bringing it down once brent drops.

pirates.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Clarksville TN which is Northwest TN is around $3.66 for 87 octane to $3.75 depending on where you get it.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
we are at 3.80 and i think they all suck because they are ripping us off!!!!!!!!nuff said.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we are at 3.80 and i think they all suck because they are ripping us off!!!!!!!!nuff said.
Yeah,and it's the worst gas I have ever bought. I have to add Stabil to it so it won't ruin my mower/weed eater/blower,ect. Even my boats outboard motor!:mad: What a rip! Ron

·
Registered
191 Posts
Regular here is $4.09, I use mostly deisel which is $4.25 right now. Our gas is always a dime more than all the counties around us. As someone who lives slightly better than paycheck to paycheck and dosen't make 6 digits a year, it hurts. I drive a round trip of 150 miles a day to make ends meet. Factor in fun gas and mowing a 2 acher lawn. My gas is a monthly bill that is more than my car payment.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
I just filled the SUV this past weekend at Costco which was $4.11. Most other stations around here are $4.22 or so.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally figured out what BP stands for! "Bend over Please!"
Ron

·
Registered
27 Posts
don't feel too bad for yourselves.....it's $1.29 per litre up here...that works out to about $5.16 per gallon! And we are sitting on a whole sh*t load of the stuff.....W.T.F.?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are just plain getting ripped off!:mad: The oil companys have recorded "record profits" every quarter for the last 2 years! Ron

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
$3.90 here in Vegas, American people are being ripped off by their own crooked government! What else is new? I continue to work more and more and even with the 3-4% raise per year I bring home less and less. After they passed the new health care my health insurance premium doubled $500.00 a month for a family and out of pocket expense doubled also.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just filled up the Excurssion today and it was $3.89/gallon last week it was $4.19. Sure hope it keeps going down I got 2 cars,an excurssion,a bike,a mower,and 2 jet ski's to put gas in all summer!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts