Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m I’m Joel. Check this shit out. This is my 2012 fury. My friends gave me so much shit for this idea and I said to hell with all u it’s my bike and now I’m rockin and rolling around with 235 miles of range. u simply take ur vent tube and route it a fitting on the bottom of your xtra tank this one is 6 by 14 inches. it holds 1.4 gallons u can’t see it when riding unless u lean several inches over I wanna find a better mounting system but these rubbery twist tie thing are actually working really well the rubber bites and keeps tention I figured if I blacked out everything in matte black which is all high temp paint it would bring discretion to the tank... help it blend In To look stock as u can see I went so far as use wire loom to dress up and protect the fuel lines. yay! I love my fury so much. any idea or comment on tank strappage is welcome!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Been busi for a few days. Hey so aluminumspuntanks is the website u wanna get the tank from. They can make it how ever u want. I chose to get the breather vent added at the filler neck. It’s a 1/4 inch line ran down the front of the bike. I used a fitting that is 3/16 barb on the tank it’s self and then converted it to 1/4 inch because no one makes a fuel filter in 3/16 but they do in 1/4. Amazon has all the fittings u could want. Get 3/16 to 1/4 adapter barb fittings. Amazon also has 1/4 fuel line. U don’t need the fuel filter I thought it was fun to have one. Honda’s breather line for the fuel tank 3/16. U def wanna use an impact to get the fitting in the tank all the way. And use the white tape to seal it. I’ll more pics later today

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would recommend using a thread sealant designed for gasoline in this situation rather than thread tape. That stuff is prone to leaking and gasoline could eventually eat it up. This is the stuff that I use (I've used it in gas, diesel, and pneumatic applications with very good luck):

As far as using an impact to spin the fittings on, I would not do that. If it's an NPT fitting, they are tapered fittings and designed to seal via the threaded taper (the threads eventually will interfere and fold over in theory). If you go beyond the torque that's spec'd, you start either stretching the threads in the tank or you are going to snap your fitting off. Both of these are bad, and you'll actually get more leaking from the first scenario if you overtorque.

Torque the fitting to what is recommended (ignore the depth that it goes) and use the thread sealant above (or one rated for fuel) and you will be good and leak free.
I didnt know they made gas sealant! thanks for the tip! The fitting is a very snug fitto the tank. i used large wrenches to get it as far as i could which was about halfway. it wasnt feeling like anything was gonna snap. the impact worked perfectly. it just looked half-assed with the fitting halfway out. i also have no idea what the toque spec would be on that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wanted to fill that gap above the engine with something. I’ve thought about that too about how to get a second tank to fill with the main tank. I’m not sure how u would do it. Perhaps more than one line running to it. But ur options r limited with the stock tank. U could always tee into the line that goes from tank to pump. U actually have two lines that go from tank to pump to help keep air bubbles out. Remember that everything is gravity fed until the fuel pump under ur seat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Installing a second fuel pump is too much complexity. Wiring the tanks in series is the way to go. Plus if u wanna get really crazy u could add saddle bags. And add more tanks and keep the vent line going. U could put 6-20 inch tanks in saddle bags and have tons of range

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Here’s a better image of my gauges. They r glow shift. Got the white face to match oem. One of the wires dims it 30 percent. U wanna do that. It’s way brighter than the fury gauge. With it dimmed it looks more matched. Tachometer is useful and water temp is realistically useful. Mounting is the challenge. The mounts u see in the pic r off Amazon but not available anymore.
Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts