Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. I decided that I was going to remove my tank so I can finally get to the pair valve solenoid and remove it.

I'm used to having a shutoff on the tank but didn't see one on this bike. I wound up draining the fuel and then removing it. The question is...was there an easier way to do this and I just earned a dumb ass award for the week?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I did it by the majority way - just disconnect the sensor wires and leave the fuel lines on. Then swung it over to the left and rested it on two crates stacked together. It was still half full, but it was easy to handle.

Your way is the right way, though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to know.. everyone I told my story to told me that I should have used the shut off, which to my knowledge doesn't exist on our bikes.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
You can also put a towel on the back fender and spin the tank around and rest the front of the tank on the fender.

Reactions: Luap

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Might try the search, if you havn't already. There was a thread about this in the last week or two with some helpful tips. Oh, Well looks like you already have it taken care of.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might try the search, if you havn't already. There was a thread about this in the last week or two with some helpful tips. Oh, Well looks like you already have it taken care of.
I figured someone had to have done this already and I did search but got garbage. Nonetheless, it's done now.

Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You can also put a towel on the back fender and spin the tank around and rest the front of the tank on the fender.
That's what I did, worked out fine, and didn't have to drain the tank

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Remove bolt from the rear of the tank and prop the tank up with a small block of wood is all that is necessary to get ample clearance to do valve adjustments or pair valve work. No fumbling around with that precious tank.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Remove bolt from the rear of the tank and prop the tank up with a small block of wood is all that is necessary to get ample clearance to do valve adjustments or pair valve work. No fumbling around with that precious tank.
Now, why do you have to go and post something that is simple, easy, and makes complete sense? ;)

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Well now I know how I'm going to add my Led's to the tank!!!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Now, why do you have to go and post something that is simple, easy, and makes complete sense? ;)
It's in my nature . . . . . . . Being a simple guy, I need to come up with simple solutions :wink:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Gar -
I fully realize I'm preaching to the Pope here, however, I don't believe the Fury tank was intended to mount in the fashion you portray.:grin:

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Gar -
I fully realize I'm preaching to the Pope here, however, I don't believe the Fury tank was intended to mount in the fashion you portray.:grin:
Quite right Rope! But at my my age as you can imagine I'm called upon to do a lot of stunt riding and that tank mount greatly increases my range when riding backwards. I might add that refueling times are cut in half since I don't have to dismount! However, my most admired stunt is swinging my leg over the bike and getting underway while riding in the opposite direction in a straight line without scraping the pegs or bending the levers.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Quite right Rope! But at my my age as you can imagine I'm called upon to do a lot of stunt riding and that tank mount greatly increases my range when riding backwards. I might add that refueling times are cut in half since I don't have to dismount! However, my most admired stunt is swinging my leg over the bike and getting underway while riding in the opposite direction in a straight line without scraping the pegs or bending the levers.
I'm hoping this stunt has a ewetube clip...and yes, I will gladly pay to view it.:biggrin: That's not to imply your other stunts are unimpressive, although the mental image of the latter somehow intrigues my senses.:skellie:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Here is equally impressive 2nd gear start-up :rolleyes:
WOW...just WOW! :surprise:

Unfortunately you neglected to mount your tank correctly and swing your leg over the top to execute the most impressive second gear launch. Although I am prepared to write you a check for the ewetube effort.:biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts