Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,294 Posts
I want a bigger tank. 3.4 gallons just isn't enough for me. I'd like to at least add a half a gallon. To me the bike would still look good with a slightly larger tank shaped relatively the same as the original.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nothing for me, thats the best part of the bike. Lots of compliments just on the tank

·
Registered
219 Posts
I plan on keeping the tank full of gas so I can ride the baddest bike on the rode. THats all I have to say bout that:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just had about the worst accident ever.

While adjusting the housing down to make the billet mirrors work, the brake line with the little extended piece jammed into my tank when I turned right leaving a very slight dimple but a very noticeable chip in the paint.

Arrrrggghhhh!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12,294 Posts
Throw the bike away and get another one....
(laughing) Wow. These guys just don't seem very sympathetic. You have several choices, but throwing the bike away, while funny, would not be my first. 1) Buy a new tank from Honda. 2) Find someone very good at body work and matching paint. 3) Get a small bottle of that matching paint chip repair from Wal-Mart. Of course that would like crap.

That stinks, dude, but it was bound to happen soon or later. I don't have a big chip on mine, but I do have tiny little scrathes all over my bike. It's nearly impossible to keep the damn things in perfect condition. I didn't even feel that bad when my pliers slipped off of the reflector I was trying to remove and scratched my back fender. Now I don't have to worry about keeping it looking perfect. Hell, I may never wash it again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just had about the worst accident ever.

While adjusting the housing down to make the billet mirrors work, the brake line with the little extended piece jammed into my tank when I turned right leaving a very slight dimple but a very noticeable chip in the paint.

Arrrrggghhhh!

Any suggestions?
For those considering adjusting your housing down...... DON'T! I would highly recommend swapping the mirrors, but don't adjust the housings to make the mirrors work. With very little modification, you can modify the mirrors so they will adjust far enough, but with the housing in it's original spot.

From my previous post:

When I received mine, I was disappointed to see that the mirrors could not adjust far enough to function as a proper rear-view mirror. I see other people have adjusted their levers down to compensate, but I didn't want to change the position of the levers. Instead, I made a simple modification to the mirrors to allow them to adjust farther...and now they work great, and look great. Here is what I did:

-Unscrew the post that attaches the mirror to the bracket.

-Just above the ball-and-socket connection, drill a 5/16" hole in the back of the mirror. This will open up the top side of the socket and allow the mirror to adjust much farther than it did out of the box. (Use a dremel tool to clean up the hole if needed.)

-Screw the post back into the bracket and mount on the bike.

·
Registered
70 Posts
For those considering adjusting your housing down...... DON'T! I would highly recommend swapping the mirrors, but don't adjust the housings to make the mirrors work. With very little modification, you can modify the mirrors so they will adjust far enough, but with the housing in it's original spot.

From my previous post:

When I received mine, I was disappointed to see that the mirrors could not adjust far enough to function as a proper rear-view mirror. I see other people have adjusted their levers down to compensate, but I didn't want to change the position of the levers. Instead, I made a simple modification to the mirrors to allow them to adjust farther...and now they work great, and look great. Here is what I did:

-Unscrew the post that attaches the mirror to the bracket.

-Just above the ball-and-socket connection, drill a 5/16" hole in the back of the mirror. This will open up the top side of the socket and allow the mirror to adjust much farther than it did out of the box. (Use a dremel tool to clean up the hole if needed.)

-Screw the post back into the bracket and mount on the bike.
What is wrong with adjusting the housing? My mirrors and the adaptors are not like the ones above, they are a single unit.

http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/produc...roducts_id=683

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
What is wrong with adjusting the housing? My mirrors and the adaptors are not like the ones above, they are a single unit.

http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/produc...roducts_id=683
Nothing, Honda sets them for a generic rider, many move them to a more comfy fit, its too late to tell you to check and make sure they don't touch. !. Go to the dealer and get a tube of touch up paint. 2. Go here Motorcycle Paint :: Touch Up, Aerosol & Refinish Paint - ColorRite and get touch up paint, go here and get a graphic to cover it DCG Customs Motorcycle Decals and Biker shirts and Decals or 4 go here Custom Motorcycle Painting | Custom Painter and get a kick ass paint job. Depends on how much you want to spend

·
Registered
57 Posts
U can buy touch up paint from any honda dealer! I had to because somehow my gas tank had two small chips on it. You will need a paint code. Find it under the seat or I believe in the manual as well!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts