Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only want to run the best fuel in my new ride.... What are your opinions on the "best" fuel? I ask this because I've just started using fuel from the "Mavrick" station (Idaho) and it made my float valve needles stick but lucky for me I used some "Seafoam" (gas additive/injector cleaner) Great product by the way....just say'en. anyways I don't want to have similar results with the Fury. I am leaning towards Chevron with techron additive what do you all think is the best fuel to run?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I only want to run the best fuel in my new ride.... What are your opinions on the "best" fuel? I ask this because I've just started using fuel from the "Mavrick" station (Idaho) and it made my float valve needles stick but lucky for me I used some "Seafoam" (gas additive/injector cleaner) Great product by the way....just say'en. anyways I don't want to have similar results with the Fury. I am leaning towards Chevron with techron additive what do you all think is the best fuel to run?
I run either CostCo or Sam's Club gas, premium through mine. It's cheaper, and I buy premium because I have had the ECU reflash done. You could always look for places that sell ethanol free gas...

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
The fury is injected, so no float needles.
Mine seems to run best with 87 octane from a good reputable station.
And if anything starts to run bad, I just use seafoam (as you have mentioned) and all is right again.
Remember, the reflash program used 87 octane 10% ethanol gas.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
If you're able, find a watering hole with no up to10% ethanol. If that's not possible, it's all about additives. Chevron gasolines with Techron are the best available. They will keep the engines internals squeaky, shiny clean.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
It doesn't matter what proof or science people are exposed, they will continue to waste money on high octane fuel. It's their money, spend it how you see fit. Compression ratio and timing determine the needed octane rating to avoid predetonation.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
It doesn't matter what proof or science people are exposed, they will continue to waste money on high octane fuel. It's their money, spend it how you see fit. Compression ratio and timing determine the needed octane rating to avoid predetonation.
Yep! Although I'd modify that to say dynamic compression ratio and include intake air temperature.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Waste money???

its a 12L/3g tank, the difference is a buck and a half .. get real!

·
Registered
253 Posts
i found 90 octane eth-free gas works best on mine (2010) i noticed that the other stripps the tank liner and crystalize in the fuel pump... the fuel pump kinds of sucks, I change out the inside and when dumped it out it looked like a snow-globe all kinds of shit inside...

·
Registered
15 Posts
The fury is injected, so no float needles.
Mine seems to run best with 87 octane from a good reputable station.
And if anything starts to run bad, I just use seafoam (as you have mentioned) and all is right again.
Remember, the reflash program used 87 octane 10% ethanol gas.

I run 87 and a little Seafoam on every fill up, never had a problem with any bike I had.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts