Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of you know I'm in the process of relocating to Connecticut. I flew on the airlines two days ago to Phoenix to get my car and load the Fury on my motorcycle trailer and drive it back east. I got an emergency call from my owners yesterday and now I have to fly the airlines to New York for a flight in the Citation on Thursday through Sunday.

In any event, I H A D to take my baby for a two hour cruise today. I CANNOT begin tell you how much I've missed her !!!!

NO SERIOUSLY !!!! I haven't ridden her since late last year. I've been in Connecticut setting up the new flight department since mid December.

I fell in love all over again today. I had to "bump" the 100 MPH limiter a couple of times just to make sure it was still working.....It is.

Pictures of my two babies are attached.

Ride Safe !!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Fury love runs deep! I missed mine bad this winter. Just having my bike back home is a big deal for me, so anytime I want to go out and visit her I can!

Bike looks great, brother!!!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Jimmy--thought of you the other day while watching an episode of Chasing Classic Cars--there are some very heavy $$$ dudes up that way with some nice aeroplanes.

quite a few Concours this time of year, too. Should be a nice change of pace for you with beautiful countryside to test the beauty on the side roads.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Great post Jimmy and I echo the sentiments exactly and know how you feel. Good to hear the job is working out for you and your are busy. Seems like a lot of my friends and clients are either taking big pay cuts, losing jobs or fretting about getting laid off. Enjoy your downtime to blow the cobwebs off that fine looking machine.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Richard. I feel the pain for your friends and clients. I was outta' work for almost a year. I read in the local paper here in Phoenix yesterday that there are approximately 150,000 vacant homes (mostly foreclosed upon) just sitting. Things are NOT good in this economy yet. Connecticut has very nice people I'm learning. And TONS of family owned Italian restaurants....YAY !!!!!

. . . .and of course, nice twisty roads with beautiful scenery.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
the sun came out in farmville va yesterday.yeaaa!!!welcome to the east coast jimmy.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Are those reflectors on that jet?? I thought you knew not to post with reflectors... Where are the police at??

Just messing... Looks good. Glad you got some ride time in!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have been up through that part of the country a few times and am jealous of the beautiful scenery you guys have in the riding season.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Boy I know a couple years ago I hit up the "Dream Ride" in CT and the country side was beautiful (hoping to go again this year) But has anyone else noticed that it seems like everyone in CT has at least 1 horse in their yard? Very big change for me here in NEPA, I'm used to only seeing large heards of dairy cows in peoples yards (fields)!

Welcome to the east coast!

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Let me know when you've got the girl in town and we'll hook up, Jimmy!

I just got my wiriing all finished on the new handlebars and will be bleeding the front brake tonight. Did take her out down the street last night with no front brakes, couldn't resist.

I don't think I'll mind riding without a speedometer for a while while I sort that out. I can't stand leaving her in the garage anymore!

yesiamawesome27> I plan on doing the Dream Ride this year, pre-registered for it last year and got my shirt but wound up staying home out of the rain.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dave !!!!! Absolutely

Can't wait. What are you doing to 'your girl' that requires no front brake or speedo, etc. ???

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Put the new apehangers on (in my sig picture), and the cables came in the perfect length but Barnett screwed up and sent a stock brake line, new 8" over should be here today.

I posted a couple pics during the process but hopefully I'll have some new ones up today now that the sun is out.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Attn all ct riders.... Aka dj and jimmy. Libbys in new haven has posted their bike night schedule. I generally attend all of them. First one is may 26th. Be there or be somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
I'll see what I can do... I think I have an KofC officers meeting that night, but I'll try to get out of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts