Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has many one had their seats recovered and added Gel packs or other material to improve the comfort? The misses loves to ride but I have to do something with the passenger seat. If her legs could reach the pavement I would get her her own Fury, lol. How they turn out, what price range did they run? I picked up a set of stock seats from Snuffdog76 and will be having them recovered. Thanks Snuffdog76!

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
have you looked locally at a shop to do that for you, look for an upholstery shop or someplace like that, but i doubt they have the gel packs or whatever it is your wanting inserted so you probably need to buy those from someplace and then take all that to them and i'm sure it's cheaper than buying a new seat like many have done, but if your going to put a lot of miles on the bike and the wifes going to ride along you should just invest in a good seat from C&C.

·
Registered
438 Posts
A shop has added some width to the stock passengerseat (+-1cm on each side) on my fury, that in combination with the sissy bar/back rest has greatly improved the comfort for my girl :)

Over 2 weeks my stockseat is completely finished, then ill post some pictures.

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
I inquired about this same issue to Mean City Cycles. See their response below.

"I would recommend going with the Impact gel or Impact gel with memory foam. This will make the seat much better and will maintain the lines of the seat. We get asked all the time about gel pads retaining heat and if properly installed there isn’t any issues with heat buildup"... "Yes, you can buy gel pads cheaper but I have been upholstering for over 20 years and I have never found a better gel pad and that’s what we use them, they are a little more expensive than the other pads out there but well worth the extra cost in my opinion."

Thanks,

Allen

www.meancitycycles.com <http://www.meancitycycles.com>

866-550-SEAT(7328)

828-428-1521

828-428-1553(fax)

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Had gel and memory foam installed on stock seat at Thunder Beach. They asked for my height, weight, inseam and any desired change in sitting position. Dropped seat off, picked up 4 hrs later. Very happy with results. 7 hour ride down was testy at times stopping at least every hour while inexplicably trying to explain monkey butt to anyone who would listen. Ride home was completely different, ran fuel down to low level light on every tank of fuel. Gel was a waffle type, not sure what thickness memory foam was used, they had 3 or 4 different ones. Sad thing is I do not remember who they were. Cost $158 no monkey butt priceless!

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Has many one had their seats recovered and added Gel packs or other material to improve the comfort? The misses loves to ride but I have to do something with the passenger seat. If her legs could reach the pavement I would get her her own Fury, lol. How they turn out, what price range did they run? I picked up a set of stock seats from Snuffdog76 and will be having them recovered. Thanks Snuffdog76!
I asked... if they redid the passenger seat, there is usually not enough room to just do a gel pad, plus padding... I recovered my seats, check them out (gallery)... Also put gel into mine, but not in the passengers... i just use a pad for her for the long rides and stop more frequently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.