Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was chatting with another biker and he said " don't get the gel insert in your custom seat". He said it will always be cold in the fall and winter and too hot in the summer. Any truth to this?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Have heard the same thing Ace, but also know some guys who really like them.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
My stock seat has gel with memory foam layer on top. Had it done last April, never noticed issues with cold or hot that I noticed. Thinking about having it recovered this year with some flame stitching. Also had MFR seat mod done last fall. I have a C & C seat now that I found on e-bay and comfort level is the same. C & C is a liittle wider and lower, keeping both for different looks.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Was chatting with another biker and he said " don't get the gel insert in your custom seat". He said it will always be cold in the fall and winter and too hot in the summer. Any truth to this?
No, I have gel in my solo seat and it does not do this... although, it is not as good as some nice foam there in there for longer rides. The stiffer foam in the Corbin makes for a much better long ride than does the gel in the modified solo seat.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
In theory it does make sense as the density is different then foam. But that being said, as your backside warms it up, it should stay warm. The same should hold true with the heat. Heat being direct sunlight. Once you sit on it, your subjecting it to 98* and not direct sunlight.

I havent heard of this issue. But i can tell you that the gel pad used in my Danny Gray proves to be a much nicer ride then stock. And that, to me is priceless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts