Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I have about 1600miles on my fury now, 700 with my wife and have some questions.

What, in your opinon is the best seat for both driver and passenger comfort? My wife's rear can't handle the stock pillon and won't grow a bigger ass as I suggested. We are looking at the Corbin King/Queen and the Corbin touring. How are these for the long rides and tall guys? I am 6'3". Anybody have the C&C? Mustang? How are they?

How are the forward controls? I bought Kryakyn Swingwing pedals for up front. This gives me three foot positions. We also put some 4" drops on the passenger pegs to move my wife's legs forward 2" and down 2". This helped her leg cramping, but her butt still suffers.

Exhaust. I really like the looks of the mayhems, but hate the fact that they cover the fuse panel and shock adjustment. How are the Mortin Inferno's? I don't care to be really loud. It is the look I am after. Not a fan of the cobra swept look.

Are there any handlebar options other that the little risers?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Ok, I have about 1600miles on my fury now, 700 with my wife and have some questions.

What, in your opinon is the best seat for both driver and passenger comfort? My wife's rear can't handle the stock pillon and won't grow a bigger ass as I suggested. We are looking at the Corbin King/Queen and the Corbin touring. How are these for the long rides and tall guys? I am 6'3". Anybody have the C&C? Mustang? How are they?

How are the forward controls? I bought Kuryakyn Swingwing pedals for up front. This gives me three foot positions. We also put some 4" drops on the passenger pegs to move my wife's legs forward 2" and down 2". This helped her leg cramping, but her butt still suffers.

Exhaust. I really like the looks of the mayhems, but hate the fact that they cover the fuse panel and shock adjustment. How are the Mortin Inferno's? I don't care to be really loud. It is the look I am after. Not a fan of the cobra swept look.

Are there any handlebar options other that the little risers?

Thank you in advance
RSS runs 2 seats, probably your best bet so you can keep a cleaner look of a normalish seat for solo and throw something like the King and Queen on when the wife is with you. I havent really seen anything that looks good and is comfortable for a passenger though

·
Registered
1 Posts
How tall is your wife. I have been looking at those for my wife, but cant decide 2" or 4". Also worried if i go with 4's that it will be to close to the exhaust.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How tall is your wife. I have been looking at those for my wife, but cant decide 2" or 4". Also worried if i go with 4's that it will be to close to the exhaust.
my wife is 5'2". We went with the 4" to get her feet forward as well as down. The drops move the peg out over an inch for added clearance of the exhaust. Bad part is your wife cannot use them to stand on.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
my wife is 5'2". We went with the 4" to get her feet forward as well as down. The drops move the peg out over an inch for added clearance of the exhaust. Bad part is your wife cannot use them to stand on.
Fine-lookin' drops, Mtdrydock; possibly the best I've seen. Oh, and thanks for the excellent photos.

(BTW, what are all those stickers and badges still doing on your machine???)

Cheers

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
(BTW, what are all those stickers and badges still doing on your machine???)
Do Harley guys remove their badges. ;) I have only had my bike 10 days and already 1700 miles and 4 states including Sturgis. Been a bit busy.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mtdrydock, where did you get the graphics? Look good!
I had it pinstriped when I was in Sturgis a cat name Ken Smith(?) from Old School Customs did it. He is from Ft. Worth and has been at the same spot in Sturgis for 17yrs now. The parking lot of the philips 66 at Junction and Lazelle.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much?

lol! actually $150. Ken Smith. Old School Art, Ft Worth Texas. 817-831-8644

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I think I can say this w/o fear of being wrong: the stock pillion will turn off N-E-1 who just sits on it for a few minutes. Your wife is a Saint! A keeper...
for the few minutes I had the C&C with pillion my wife sat--and got right up.
I bought the solo and haven't looked back.
I'm thinking, look for Mustang or Corbin or Sargents==try to maintain that low rider profile while giving her a great Queen seat.
And kudos to her for not wanting to grow more a**.

skap out.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She is a saint, she has to be to put up with me. :)

Back on track, any others want to weigh in on their aftermarket seats and exhaust?

How do you like it? Pros and Cons?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the C&C Touring seat and the lady loves it. A lot better then the stock seat.. We've also been looking at the 4" drops for her. glad they would might be ordering them today.

Nice work. bike looks great.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
She is a saint, she has to be to put up with me. :)

Back on track, any others want to weigh in on their aftermarket seats and exhaust?

How do you like it? Pros and Cons?
modded from a 2000 slammer.wife is built for comfort not speed.says it is commmmmmmffffffyyyyy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Kryakyn. I believe these are the ones...
Kryakyn - Metric - Adjustable Lockable Offsets
Question about these drops as I have been looking at them for about a year... Do you have to use them with Kury pegs or can you use them with the stock pegs?

Oh, I have the King and Queen from corbin and just run with my solo seat for just me and it takes about 10 minutes to change out my fender (have 2 of those as well) and the seat.

You can do this with any combination of seats though, I just picked the Kind and Queen cause she has a tiny ass and needs lots of padding... lol

Love the pin-stripping, make sure if you get either a C&C or a Corbin, Mustang or whatever you choose, to cover that fender before putting on the seat (cloth or even an invisibra system attached to the bottom side of your seat, not the fender), would hate to see the pin-stripping go to hell because the seat scratched your paint...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts