·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ah, the lovely C-5...

I worked black jets (SR-71 & U-2) for nearly ten years before being sent to the east coast to work on KC-10s...I preferred the black planes.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
My barracks in germany were right under the flight line. Freaking C-5's coming in for a landing sounded like the world was ending..

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, the lovely C-5...

I worked black jets (SR-71 & U-2) for nearly ten years before being sent to the east coast to work on KC-10s...I preferred the black planes.
While i was draining the fuel thorugh a pogo fitting on a C130 for about 18 hours i remember watching some U2's taking off and landing. It was over seas so you problably know where im talking about. It was an awesome sight seeing them climb out and seeing the recovery crew in their Z28's put the wing wheels in.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I spent three years there...did plenty of pogo recovery (what you're calling wing wheels we called pogos!) Brings back memories...funny, I remember bitching about it back then and now I have nothing but great memories about it. And dammit, I'm not that old!!!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Ya, it always amazed me that we could load ALL our shit on a C-5, and then amazed me even further that we were actually able to get off the ground after it was fully loaded. Amazing airplane..................

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Sorry you had a bitch of a day, JATO. Have another one for me, and remember tomorrow everything really will look better. As soon as the hangover clears. ;)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry you had a bitch of a day, JATO. Have another one for me, and remember tomorrow everything really will look better. As soon as the hangover clears. ;)
Thanks man. drinkng alone at the moment..........

·
Registered
377 Posts
You guys mighta given me a lift a few times in ages past...

I prefer to keep my transportation options closer to the ground. I am a major puss when it comes to being scared of heights.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I thought I had a stressful job. Dude, I have to hand it to you... THANK YOU for serving and dealing with the B.S. that goes along with it. You deserve a raise!

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
only time i flew the chopper hit the water (rikivic iceland) in winter.no more flying for bill.that plane looks cool though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts