Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so maybe I'm to nice of a guy and felt sorry for a guy that probably will never amount to anything in his life or maybe it was a reflection of at some point I myself haven't always had my shit together and have been down on my luck more times than I'd like to admit and maybe if someone would've held out a helping hand once or twice maybe it would of spared a few of my hardships of one bad choice leads to another and another before long you forget how to make good choices and the trickle affect of bad choices keeps running, so I've been there I'm sure a few of you have been there so the point I'm trying to make is I try not to look down on anyone unless I'm reaching my hand out to help them up
Well unfortunately I got burned this time with my own match so here's my problem ...
I found this bike 2015 honda interstate with 15,000 miles in ment condition for $3500 i went and looked at it and i wanted it onsite, the young man had the title but it was signed he never registered it so basically the title the bike was useless to me so I said get the title fixed and I'll buy it I pulled the cash out of my pocket to show him I was serious, then the young man started telling me his hardships of he lost his job due to covid he was late on rent a few months about to get kicked out behind on utilities they was about to get shut off blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda then he said sadly and desperate if you buy the bike today I'll get it registered and when the title comes back ill contact you to come get it I will pay my back rent and utilities etc so I looked the young man in his eyes and said look your word is the most valuable thing that you will ever own you have two things in your life of importance Your ass and Your word, you keep your word you'll never have to worry about your ass. Well anyway I paid the man for my bike he gave me a bill of sale and i took a picture of the title wrote down all his information the dealership information where he purchased the bike i ran the vin # it came back clean and no leans on the title so I handed him $3500 cash and we kept in contact for a month or so then poof he was gone phone disconnected no replies from his email his FB account has been deleted so I go to his address its empty sherrif note on door paddle locked, talked to neighbors they said he moved out in the middle of the night and come to find out he didnt do anything he said he was going to do in fact he spent all that money on drugs you guessed it he was a drug addict..so I called the dealership told them my situation they verified they sold the bike to him there was no lean on the title I asked if they could help me get a title for the bike they refused to help said the paper work was already sent in there hands are tied..
So my situation is I have a clean legit bike with a bill of sale with no title so the moral to this long story is
How can I get a title to my bike ?

·
Registered
Rock Stock 2019 ABS
219 Posts
I got into a bind like that on a cheap snowmobile years ago. The state DMV folks gave me some specific steps to follow to get a title. Not easy but doable. Have you contacted them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MISSOURI DMV is very uncooperative or helpful in any assistance stating without a title I'm up a creek without a paddle ...I've been told the state of VT is the way to go even if you dont live there all you need is a bill of sale and the documentation I have to register it in that state and they'll send me a license plate. I don't know for sure
I was hoping for other options from previous experience situations.
I work out of town months at a time 10hrs a day 7 days a week in construction, only home a week before heading back out of town which that is a problem I am also dealing with I guess you could say I'm seeking a quick easy solution to my situation ...if that's not attainable maybe I'll try to gain atleast half of my money back and sell it...smh

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ok so maybe I'm to nice of a guy and felt sorry for a guy that probably will never amount to anything in his life or maybe it was a reflection of at some point I myself haven't always had my shit together and have been down on my luck more times than I'd like to admit and maybe if someone would've held out a helping hand once or twice maybe it would of spared a few of my hardships of one bad choice leads to another and another before long you forget how to make good choices and the trickle affect of bad choices keeps running, so I've been there I'm sure a few of you have been there so the point I'm trying to make is I try not to look down on anyone unless I'm reaching my hand out to help them up
Well unfortunately I got burned this time with my own match so here's my problem ...
I found this bike 2015 honda interstate with 15,000 miles in ment condition for $3500 i went and looked at it and i wanted it onsite, the young man had the title but it was signed he never registered it so basically the title the bike was useless to me so I said get the title fixed and I'll buy it I pulled the cash out of my pocket to show him I was serious, then the young man started telling me his hardships of he lost his job due to covid he was late on rent a few months about to get kicked out behind on utilities they was about to get shut off blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda then he said sadly and desperate if you buy the bike today I'll get it registered and when the title comes back ill contact you to come get it I will pay my back rent and utilities etc so I looked the young man in his eyes and said look your word is the most valuable thing that you will ever own you have two things in your life of importance Your ass and Your word, you keep your word you'll never have to worry about your ass. Well anyway I paid the man for my bike he gave me a bill of sale and i took a picture of the title wrote down all his information the dealership information where he purchased the bike i ran the vin # it came back clean and no leans on the title so I handed him $3500 cash and we kept in contact for a month or so then poof he was gone phone disconnected no replies from his email his FB account has been deleted so I go to his address its empty sherrif note on door paddle locked, talked to neighbors they said he moved out in the middle of the night and come to find out he didnt do anything he said he was going to do in fact he spent all that money on drugs you guessed it he was a drug addict..so I called the dealership told them my situation they verified they sold the bike to him there was no lean on the title I asked if they could help me get a title for the bike they refused to help said the paper work was already sent in there hands are tied..
So my situation is I have a clean legit bike with a bill of sale with no title so the moral to this long story is
How can I get a title to my bike ?
Normally, a bill of sale will get you a title in most states. They will run the VIN and if it comes back clean, they'll issue you a title for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's true in most states o have got titles with a bill of sale in Kansas when I lived there but that doesn't seem to be the way it's done in Missouri where i now live, today i was told i can pay to get a Title Bond and after 3yrs if no one disputes the registration Missouri will issue me a new title, I haven't read all the stipulations and requirements and there is a limitation on the year and the value you are required to have an appraisal by a dealership.
Red tape and putting money in pockets of the chain of Missouri services...
I pay the dealership appraiser there fee then I pay 25% of that value for a title bond which at that time I am not allowed to make any changes to the bike other than standard maintenance and replacement parts then I pay insurance for 3 yrs as required then an additional fee because itll have a title bond then registration fee plus an additional fee for the title bond
So in my opinion with all these fees and costs on top of the $3500 I paid for it ending up with a bike not worth the total value ill have invested.
I'm sure there is another route I can take at a much cheaper cost...I should of just got another Crotch Rocket as I never ran a plate anyway but the Mrs wanted me to get something she would enjoy a ride on
I submitted to her request...now look at the mess I'm in trying to please the mrs and help a fellow bike brother in need smh

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wow. That's ridiculous. I think I would see if I could find a frame with a title at the salvage yard and just swap everything over. I know that's a big pain, but you would have a titled bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Screenshot_20201221-135657_Facebook_1608588954516.jpg
Honda Interstate.jpeg
That would work if I can find one or if anyone knows of one LMK
I've plans on changing my bike anyway I've had many ideas as I posted in another post but I found one I really like that's less customization and cost effectiven

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Other options would be to have someone with a towing yard or mechanics shop get you a title.

If a tow yard gets a vehicle and stores it for a certain period of time they can apply for a title if the owner abandons the vehicle, same for a mechanic (mechanics lean).

The other option would be to apply for a home built title, like you would if you built a custom chopper or a kit bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I just got a job offer in Montana so I'll be moving I have decided I'm selling my bike
It's a 2015 Honda Interstate 16,000 miles
Runs and Rides Perfect new front tire new back tire
$2500 OBO
No Title
Comes with Bill of Sale Clean n Clear Vin#
Bike is located in NW Missouri I leave march 4th for Montana

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In most states you can register your motorcycle even if you purchased it without receiving a title. As long as you can prove ownership of the vehicle, the State County Treasurer's office will provide this service. You will need to fill out a couple of forms and pay the required fees.
A Bill of Sale may be used as the primary ownership document. A Bill of Sale used as an ownership document does prove ownership

1 - 10 of 10 Posts