Honda Fury Forums: banner

Getting Tuned and Dyno'd on Monday (24 August)

8K views 64 replies 12 participants last post by  Señor Gar 
#1 ·
My Fury will be getting Tuned on Monday from Untitled Document. They are the company making the exhaust pipes for L&M.

I don't have a baseline, and my baseline would be messed up if I had some since I was running straight pipes. But I figured we could use the baseline numbers from the S&S dyno.

So, I thought it would be fun to take a stab at what kind of numbers will be pulled and then when the official numbers come avaliable, I will post them.

Mods will include the Viper Exhaust and tuner from L&M and the D&M Spiked Intake

#2 ·
Here's the Base line numbers borrowed from S&S :D

#4 ·
Not sure,

True duals straight pipes vs. a 2 to 1 design. Should be similar outputs though.

#5 ·
Hey Predator, are you getting your pipes then?? I have been waiting for the Vipers since the day they came out. Hopefully this means they will be shipping them soon. I just called Fuggin Fab and they say that the pipes will ship in a week and a half.

#7 ·
Yes, they will be finished on Friday. I asked for Black pipes with chrome heat shields... it should tie in nicely with the rest of the bike :D

Having your dyno results will be nice, since we are both doing the same intake and exhaust.
:cool:

#10 ·
I talked to Troy today and it was stated that the adaptors will be coming back from chroming on Wednesday the 26th.
Didn't think the vipers had heat shields. Where do they put them??
I couldn't tell you, but when I talked with Kelly about getting Black or Chrome exhaust pipes he mentioned if I wanted chrome heatshields, I figured the chrome will help tie in the black pipes with the rest of the bike.

#13 ·
You could say that :D Although the bike is being used for R&D...

#17 ·
:D I don't know what to say, but the pipe bender offered the heat shields so I am assuming they come with it ;) We'll know for sure on Monday!

#20 ·
Here are some pictures for now:

#21 ·
Good pics

Nice to see some of those pipe styles in a reallife pic with things and people standing around; gives a good idea of what they'll look like finished up. And, I've said it before but man I like troy's forward controls; great proportions; big heavy billet lookin' things; really like the size of them.

#23 ·
I'll post the official Graphs when Fuggin Fab has them avaliable.

Over all, a lot of testing goes into these things! The best performance pipes were the Viper-2's, because they are a 2 into 1 design which help with exhaust scavanging. They all sound amazing! Runner up was the Mayhems and then the Reapers (less than 1 hp) differance.

Did I mention the pipes sound AMAZING! :D We spent about 7 hours getting each pipe swapped in and tuned. A TON of R&D went into these things and you guys will be really satisfied!

One of the best v-twin tuners in the country assisted with this.

Anyways, the unofficial numbers are as followed: 64HP and 80TQ

:D

#24 ·
I'll post the official Graphs when Fuggin Fab has them avaliable.
Over all, a lot of testing goes into these things! The best performance pipes were the Viper-2's, because they are a 2 into 1 design which help with exhaust scavanging. They all sound amazing! Runner up was the Mayhems and then the Reapers (less than 1 hp) differance.
Did I mention the pipes sound AMAZING! :D We spent about 7 hours getting each pipe swapped in and tuned. A TON of R&D went into these things and you guys will be really satisfied!
One of the best v-twin tuners in the country assisted with this.
Anyways, the unofficial numbers are as followed: 64HP and 80TQ
:D
Nice! Thanks for the update P.
My bike went to the dyno guys today. The Mayhem's do sound good. Deep with a nice touch of mean. :)
The dyno guys didn't believe it was a Honda. :D
T

#25 ·
I'd like to give a Huge Shout out to the following vendors for making this possible!

Fuggin Fabrication! Kelly, Doug and the one of the coolest pipe benders, Dayton!
Accutronix! Troy and Don, some of the best quality parts I've ever seen!
Low and Mean! Chris, Thank You for giving me the opportunity to work with you guys!
Trask Performance! Ron, one of the best v-twin tuners in the nation!

To everyone, thank you for taking time out of your insanely busy schedules to get some quality aftermarket parts for this bike!

Enjoy the Ride!

#31 ·
I'd like to give a Huge Shout out to the following vendors for making this possible!
Fuggin Fabrication! Kelly, Doug and the one of the coolest pipe benders, Dayton!
Accutronix! Troy and Don, some of the best quality parts I've ever seen!
Low and Mean! Chris, Thank You for giving me the opportunity to work with you guys!
Trask Performance! Ron, one of the best v-twin tuners in the nation!
To everyone, thank you for taking time out of your insanely busy schedules to get some quality aftermarket parts for this bike!
Enjoy the Ride!
No fair. Predator has all the advantage being a local. lol :) Lucky devil. :p
P What pipes did you go with?
T

#27 ·
Sorry, I haven't dealt with RAW yet. I'm sure they are a great company also ;)

I was just stating the companies that helped with everything in this thread, From Intake to Exhaust to Tuning.

#29 ·
Yes it was :D

Look at the numbers though... Increase is 7 HP and 5 TQ. On a 1300 engine that the Japanese tuned, you'd be extremely lucky to squeeze out a 5 HP gain :D

You will notice it on the butt dyno also :D Those torque numbers are no joke

#32 ·
I'm going with the Viper 2's! Best performing pipes and best style IMO. I ended up asking for black pipes with titanium colored heat shields (It will match the Matte Silver paint).

I was told that the heat shields will be sold seperate

#34 ·
What pipes are those up top?

Predator, the first pic you posted; top one in the thread - I thought they were reaper's at first, but they look better than the one's shown on fuggin's website, because that back pipe comes up a couple inches higher; looks like it covers bottom half of swingarm which I like a lot better - or is that just the angle the pic was taken? As it appears in the pic looks lots better than the reapers back pipe dropped a couple inches lower. Was that just a prototype or what? any idea?

#37 ·
Predator, the first pic you posted; top one in the thread - I thought they were reaper's at first, but they look better than the one's shown on fuggin's website, because that back pipe comes up a couple inches higher; looks like it covers bottom half of swingarm which I like a lot better - or is that just the angle the pic was taken? As it appears in the pic looks lots better than the reapers back pipe dropped a couple inches lower. Was that just a prototype or what? any idea?
Those will be the production Reapers... they look really good in person.

I'm guessing this was with a downloaded map rather than AutoTune?
I'm not sure what they started with :confused: Sorry.

So for an extra 7hp and 5tq you have exaust, air cleaner assembly, adapter for air cleaner, and a fuel controler?
Yes Sir.

#39 ·
Here is a quick video of the Dyno run... sorry, I couldn't be in the Dyno room, but you can still hear the exhaust with it being run in a sound proof room.

Also, the video is a little choppy since it was taken with a still camera.

I'll try to upload the 2nd part and post it later on tonight ;)

#41 ·
I would guesstimate 30 min setup time, 30 min run/tuning time

#44 ·
I just spoke with Fuggin Fab and the fuel controller is plug and play with the set up that's on my bike.

During the dyno test they (Fuggin Fab) set it up so you guy's would not have to go out and dyno. The only adjustment may be required is bumping up the idle and that's based on what part of the country or altitude you live in. In most case they won't need to do anything.

Now if your not changing the air intake and just adding pipes you still need to add the fuel controller. If you don't it's going to run hot. The fuel controller will still be plug & play. They left a little wider range for that.

I was also told that they are packaging Pipes, Fuel controllers, Air-Filters & Adapters, and all the Accutronix products for the Fury.

The more you order the greater the cost savings.

Sounds Awesome!

#43 ·
That's a good question. Tuners usual rate is between $200-400. $400 would be the max I would pay, and that would be for a highly experienced tuner.

Good Luck!

The part 2 video uploaded succesfully. I will link it when I get home ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.