Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend recently bought a Honda Fury over the summer. I know he plans to do modifications on it this winter and i wanted to get him a tool set for christmas. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M LOOKING AT WHEN I SHOP!!! all of this stuff is like stereo instructions to me. i have heard you have to get tools specifically for the bike type. ANY help or suggestions would be VERY much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good quality metric tools. I am not aware of any tools that are specific to the Fury. A starting place may be to go to sears and check out a basic set of Craftsman metric tools. I would think you could get set of metric wrenches, sockets, allen wrenches etc. for under a $100.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hes a lucky guy! Like he said a good set of metric tools allen wrenchs sockets wrenches. Dont go harbor freight it wont last long. Craftsman is good, mac and snapon are over priced but very good. Some plastidip is a very good buy hahaha

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
A good torque wrench that measures in both ft-lbs and N-m.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah I'm sure he'd rather have upgrades than basic hand tools. Get him an intake or exhaust or cool mirrors or.........etc etc
What's your budget?

·
Premium Member
4,748 Posts
Could also get him a motorcycle/ATV lift so he can raise the bike to change oil, just depends on how much work he's going to do himself, they cost about $100. Harbor Freight and sears both have good ones.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Basic on road kit ...

The $90 tool roll from the DIY Tool List is good insurance if your boyfriend wants to meet some Harley riders stuck at the side of the road :rolleyes: It probably won't get much use on the Honda beyond the peace of mind that it offers but it's a perfect fit for the leather fork bag very popular with chopper owners.

CruzTOOLS: RoadTech M3.

$70 from Honda

For something more useful around $300 and if he wants to ride in comfort a C&C seat will make a huge difference ...

and if you want to ride along ...

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Good quality metric tools. I am not aware of any tools that are specific to the Fury. A starting place may be to go to sears and check out a basic set of Craftsman metric tools. I would think you could get set of metric wrenches, sockets, allen wrenches etc. for under a $100.
Hes a lucky guy! Like he said a good set of metric tools allen wrenchs sockets wrenches. Dont go harbor freight it wont last long. Craftsman is good, mac and snapon are over priced but very good. Some plastidip is a very good buy hahaha
+1 on Craftsman tools, make sure you get the made in USA ones. For hex wrenches I prefer Bondhus (made in USA). Basically only get him tools made in USA, UK and Germany.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
My wife likes to buy tools for me on occasion and bless her heart, it's usually something I already have :eek:. Guys tend to buy tools that they need when they need them and they lay in a dark drawer forgotten until something goes wrong or some new biker bling is acquired. Get hubby a comfy seat and he'll think of you every time he sits on his beast to go for a blast with the boys. If the ride is longer than 50 miles, Sarah, your name is guaranteed to come up in conversation :D.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
My wife likes to buy tools for me on occasion and bless her heart, it's usually something I already have :eek:. Guys tend to buy tools that they need when they need them and they lay in a dark drawer forgotten until something goes wrong or some new biker bling is acquired. Get hubby a comfy seat and he'll think of you every time he sits on his beast to go for a blast with the boys. If the ride is longer than 50 miles, Sara, your name is guaranteed to come up in conversation :D.
I agree, it's hard to argue against a good seat. I'm very happy I have my C&C.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THANK YOU!!! one more question....

thank you so much for all of your helpful responses. one more question is i want to get a cover for his bike. it's getting pretty dusty in the garage over the winter....what size do i get? i know i sound like a dumb blonde but i promise i'm not! i'm brunette with no clue about bikes!! thank you for your help and have a very happy Thanksgiving!!!

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
thank you so much for all of your helpful responses. one more question is i want to get a cover for his bike. it's getting pretty dusty in the garage over the winter....what size do i get? i know i sound like a dumb blonde but i promise i'm not! i'm brunette with no clue about bikes!! thank you for your help and have a very happy Thanksgiving!!!
Get the largest one you can buy, XL or XXL or 1500cc and over because our bikes are so long. If you can get a genuine Honda cover made especially for the Fury and you can afford it that is probably the safest option, otherwise make sure you can return the cover if it's to small.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just dust the bike in sexy panties and lingerie every week. Saves money and its a gift that keeps on giving. Damn, better go tell the wife what I want for Christmas now :cool:

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
I have the Honda Fury Outdoor Cycle Cover # 08P34-MFR-200 size XXXL.
The fury is Honda's longest current bike. This cover is a disappointment in that it is a terrible fit unless your Fury is a full dresser (windshield, faring, bags & top case). The cover hangs like the sloppy loose cover that it is on a stock Fury but it will protect your bike. A king size fitted bed sheet does just as well for keeping the dust off and is easier to put on the bike.

Were I to buy another I would look to aftermarket and have the dealer fit one to my bike. I doubt there is one that fits properly.
The cover doesn't look anything like this on the Fury except for the logo and is cut so that the handlebars must be turned to the left.

If he likes tidy it will take a custom fitted hand sewn cover.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts