Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go with the Ginz sissy bar. It comes with paper templates align the holes, which, in the past for me, has not proven to be very accurate. Since it requires drilling the frame, I took up the measure 6 times and drill once concept. So I designed a 3d printable jig. It worked perfectly!

If you want to 3d print a copy, I posted the file on www.printables.com. You can search it or follow the link below.

Here is the link: Printables
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah, what seat are you running with it ? Ok got it..I looked at the 3d page

Anyone think holes this large weaken the frame ? I know there’s some there already but just a thought
I did think about that when installing the mount, but it is pretty far back so the frame doesn't have to support much there. I was a bit concerned, however, when installing the bolts of crushing the frame tube as I tightened the bolts. I set them to the proper torque and it seemed ok.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did think about that when installing the mount, but it is pretty far back so the frame doesn't have to support much there. I was a bit concerned, however, when installing the bolts of crushing the frame tube as I tightened the bolts. I set them to the proper torque and it seemed ok.
Oh yeah, what seat are you running with it ? Ok got it..I looked at the 3d page

Anyone think holes this large weaken the frame ? I know there’s some there already but just a thought
The red reflectors interfere with the sissy bar mounts so I had to remove those. But I think the hardest part of the install was getting the adhesive residue from these reflectors off without damaging the paint on the fender.

· Registered
259 Posts
The red reflectors interfere with the sissy bar mounts so I had to remove those. But I think the hardest part of the install was getting the adhesive residue from these reflectors off without damaging the paint on the fender.
Yeah I don’t have the reflectors, i don’t think they were on ours as I’ve never seen them here. Odd as the code says you need them, maybe they were just all removed

My issue is positioning the holes so the bar clears the Corbin king/queen. Measure 3457 times & see what happens I guess

· Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
We are very lucky down under, the Australian version of the Fury does not come with reflectors. The angle of the template you made will have to be adjusted slightly and I think @Reds Faster is going to have a bigger problem locating the brackets to work with his King and Queen seat.

· Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
Yeah I don’t have the reflectors, i don’t think they were on ours as I’ve never seen them here. Odd as the code says you need them, maybe they were just all removed

My issue is positioning the holes so the bar clears the Corbin king/queen. Measure 3457 times & see what happens I guess
My bike did not come with them. As far as I know none of the AU bikes had reflectors.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Once I got the rear seat off I realized it would be pretty easy to adjust the distance back for a different seat. And I saw in another post on this forum, they used the existing forward bolt that holds on the plastic tail fin. I would look at that to see if it is enough. As I recall it was like 60mm farther back by doing that.

· Registered
39 Posts
Once I got the rear seat off I realized it would be pretty easy to adjust the distance back for a different seat. And I saw in another post on this forum, they used the existing forward bolt that holds on the plastic tail fin. I would look at that to see if it is enough. As I recall it was like 60mm farther back by doing that.
Thats prettty much what i did with a K/Q seat
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

· Registered
259 Posts
Ok so feeling guilty about not putting it on & it’s a slow Sunday here. My knees might be ok in 3-4 weeks ffs. I reminded myself why I give my bikes to the shop for anything

Got a thingy (frog flower) welded in it to allow an occy strap to wrap around something. I’ve no doubt Plod will pull me up one day & tell me it’s too sharp

I will also take this opportunity to reiterate to Corbin that their king / queen seat quality is abhorrent. I struggle to even think how you let this leave your factory as an example of your business. It looks great, I find it very comfy it’s just that it was built by a convulsing orangutang on meth

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Attachments

· Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
Ok so feeling guilty about not putting it on & it’s a slow Sunday here. My knees might be ok in 3-4 weeks ffs. I reminded myself why I give my bikes to the shop for anything

Got a thingy (frog flower) welded in it to allow an occy strap to wrap around something. I’ve no doubt Plod will pull me up one day & tell me it’s too sharp

I will also take this opportunity to reiterate to Corbin that their king / queen seat quality is abhorrent. I struggle to even think how you let this leave your factory as an example of your business. It looks great, I find it very comfy it’s just that it was built by a convulsing orangutang on meth

View attachment 245253
Looks great, well done.

· Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
Ta. That bar going into the brackets could do with a bees dick widening at manufacture, hell it’s tight !!!
I don't remember my bar being tight like that when I put it on and I put it on twice as Ginz revised the mounting brackets and sent me the revised brackets free. Not that there was anything wrong with the first version of the mounting brackets but Ginz thought the first design might possibly fail under some obscure situation so rather than have any of their products fail they replaced all the version one Fury mounting brackets at their cost. I posted a photo of the brackets and you can check them out from this link.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts