Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking into the 12 inch ginz sissy bar with pad. do any of you that have it know if it leaves any marks on the fender where it sits? can some post pics? tried a search found nothing

·
Registered
163 Posts
look on Ginz Choppers website, plenty of pics on there and it clears the fender without touching it so there wont be any marks.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
yeah they have lots of pictures on there site of the different sissybars, and the mounts mount to the fender frame underneath the fender and then the sissybar attaches to that and curves around the fender and won't touch the fender, but what you might want to ask them is if they figured out what the issue was with there fender brackets as one person on here reported that one of them had a crack so they sent it back for Ginz to figure out what the issue was, never heard if they got it worked out or not.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
yeah they have lots of pictures on there site of the different sissybars, and the mounts mount to the fender frame underneath the fender and then the sissybar attaches to that and curves around the fender and won't touch the fender, but what you might want to ask them is if they figured out what the issue was with there fender brackets as one person on here reported that one of them had a crack so they sent it back for Ginz to figure out what the issue was, never heard if they got it worked out or not.
I had just sent a email to Teri last week and she replayed saying that they have finished a new design mount and it is going to start going out to replace the old mount. Also the long awaited luggage rack. She said all of the mounts and racks are at the chrome shop now.
One thing you should know about Ginz. They do make quality products and stand behind what they sale. Wait time can be long though and if you are an impatient person you may be frustrated by the time you receive what you ordered. But once you have it you will not be disappointed. I ordered the sissy bar. mount C&C seat and luggage rack back in Dec. and it has all trickled in at an agonizing slow pace. Of corse the Rack was still being developed and they had trouble with one of the mounts they sold to some one breaking. That put things on hold while they redesigned a new mount.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I had just sent a email to Teri last week and she replayed saying that they have finished a new design mount and it is going to start going out to replace the old mount. Also the long awaited luggage rack. She said all of the mounts and racks are at the chrome shop now.
One thing you should know about Ginz. They do make quality products and stand behind what they sale. Wait time can be long though and if you are an impatient person you may be frustrated by the time you receive what you ordered. But once you have it you will not be disappointed. I ordered the sissy bar. mount C&C seat and luggage rack back in Dec. and it has all trickled in at an agonizing slow pace. Of corse the Rack was still being developed and they had trouble with one of the mounts they sold to some one breaking. That put things on hold while they redesigned a new mount.
Yeah me to! But the quality is worth the wait. Teri had my sissy bar, mounts, back rest & C&C seat all ready and shipped to my buddy in Santa Clara CA for my arrival in CA back in Feb this year. I am waiting on the luggage rack to ship and unlike some of the other vendors or should I say wanna be vendors Teri keeps me updated on the progress and always answers my email by return. They even asked if they could use pictures of my bike on their site, so naturally I said yes.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Oh Oh Oh I just got a email from Ginz with a big old tracking number for the rack. Its on its way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ginz Sissy Bar Redesigned Mount Update

Sorry for the long delay in posting an update on the ginz sissy bar mounts. My mounts were the one that broke; I have the 25" medieval sissy bar. Ginz did a total redesign of the mounts and we got them about a week before our 3200 mile trip from Dallas to Florida. We used the passenger seat and sissy bar to carry our luggage for 2 weeks (appx 35 lbs). The mounts and sissy bar were tested with just about every situation you can encounter on a motorcycle during this trip and I am VERY, VERY happy to say the trip was the most wonderful experience I have had in my life and the mounts did absolutely perfect. It has passed every road test I can think of with flying colors.

Ginz did an outstanding job of standing behind their product; we even got a call from Gin (company owner) while on our trip to check on us to ensure we weren't having any issues. The only issue we had, was the luggage wasn't big enough for all the stuff we bought, so we had to ship some dirty clothes back from Daytona Beach via USPS!!

I highly recommend this company and their product, I have had many many compliments on the mount and the bar and it enabled us to use the Fury for a long distance trip. We used the Saddleman S3200DE Deluxe Sissy Bar Bag with the adjustable mounting system and bunge cords for extra support and it worked perfectly.

Since our return, we have removed the passenger seat and bag and use it strictly for looks, and love it. My husband is going to purchase one for his bike prior to next year's trip so I will have more room to carry all my girl stuff!

I will send pics soon, but wanted to get this information out there for those of you thinking about this product.

Be Safe and Happy Riding,
Astrid

P.S. It does not rub or touch the fender, even with lots of weight attached.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Did you get the rack yet? If so post some pics with it on. I am still waiting on mine:(
I do have the Rack but its not on the bike yet as I am still stuck in Iraq. I could take some photos of it off the bike but it will be another week. Its in Baghdad and I am running around the south right now.
It looks good and easy to put on and take off and the quality of the work is as good as the rest of there products. You will be happy when you get it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts