Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this Harley guy pulls up on me looks at my fury and yells out "Your a wanna be".

I busted out laughing my ass off and yelled back
"Your right I am a wanna be"
I wanna be the guy who's bike starts every time i push the ignition
I wanna be the guy who's bike doesn't leak oil
I wanna be the guy who's bike is not in the shop on a weekly basis
I wanna be the guy who doesn't have to rebuild his motor every 5000 miles.
Honda fury all the looks and none of the problems !

·
Registered
55 Posts
So this Harley guy pulls up on me looks at my fury and yells out "Your a wanna be".

I busted out laughing my ass off and yelled back
"Your right I am a wanna be"
I wanna be the guy who's bike starts every time i push the ignition
I wanna be the guy who's bike doesn't leak oil
I wanna be the guy who's bike is not in the shop on a weekly basis
I wanna be the guy who doesn't have to rebuild his motor every 5000 miles.
Honda fury all the looks and none of the problems !
Most Harley riders just follow the crowd. I myself grew up hearing that HD are the coolest-Gotta get one. I guess I just never bought into that billy bad ass BS. They are literally like hemorrhoids. Every ass got one around here. I could not possibly care any less what one rides. If a moped does it for you, get at it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Most Harley riders just follow the crowd. I myself grew up hearing that HD are the coolest-Gotta get one. I guess I just never bought into that billy bad ass BS. They are literally like hemorrhoids. Every ass got one around here. I could not possibly care any less what one rides. If a moped does it for you, get at it. Just my 2 cents.
Right arm!

·
Registered
2011 Fury
974 Posts
Went to Daytona… saw 8 different Furys…. Also saw at least 2000 Electra’s…. 🤔 either you wanna be different or ya don’t….

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got a fury and fxdwg. Love the way fury looks and it's never in the shop. Harley is bike I prefer to ride, when it starts and not in the shop. More relaxed position not leaning forward.eventually I'll get mini apes for fury to fix it. On the freeway 1700cc is noticable. Getting 20" sissybar for commuting backpack was huge pia for fury no issue with Harley.
I see advantages of both bikes. If I had only 1 bike not sure which one is pick. Fury is so pretty to look at and it starts EVERY time, costs half as much. Tough to give that up. But I still try the Harley first and when it doesn't I'm happy to take fury. My 2 cents

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
A lot of Harley guys are awesome, on the rare occasion I've had mechanical issues there was one or more that volunteered a hand, just as I do for them, but more often it's the enjoyment of good brotherhood on the roads and at stops.

There was a guy I used to cross paths with who didn't quite fit that friendly description, and he used to give me crap about not driving a Harley. At one point in 2018 he said, "Get a real bike" and I replied, "I do have a real bike, and the thing is with the money I saved by buying it instead of a Harley I can afford the truck and trailer I'd need if I had bought a Harley." Surprisingly he never talked to me again.

I thought more about the RoadGlide offer from this past Monday, and I'm going to take a pass. There's no emotional attachment for me, and nothing at the moment that would change that, but I've spent enough time on Harleys to know why people love them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Put a set of rizers under the handlebars to bring them back some. You want have to lean forward so for.
I did, it helps, but tbh if I could fit 1 more spacer maybe. Mini apes are the solution this winter. Funny story my HD in the shop again so Honda Fury for the rest of the year. I'm getting better with the position as is but a little personalization won't hurt.

·
Super Moderator
6,280 Posts
A lot of Harley guys are awesome, on the rare occasion I've had mechanical issues there was one or more that volunteered a hand, just as I do for them, but more often it's the enjoyment of good brotherhood on the roads and at stops.

There was a guy I used to cross paths with who didn't quite fit that friendly description, and he used to give me crap about not driving a Harley. At one point in 2018 he said, "Get a real bike" and I replied, "I do have a real bike, and the thing is with the money I saved by buying it instead of a Harley I can afford the truck and trailer I'd need if I had bought a Harley." Surprisingly he never talked to me again.

I thought more about the RoadGlide offer from this past Monday, and I'm going to take a pass. There's no emotional attachment for me, and nothing at the moment that would change that, but I've spent enough time on Harleys to know why people love them.
Good decision, resistance is futile. You want a Goldwing, simple as that. You know, even if you can't admit it yet, if it does not have a Honda badge on it then you don't want it.

·
Registered
228 Posts

There's nothing wrong with Harleys.... just ask a Harley guy.!!!..
IF UR EVER IN THE REPAIR SHOP

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Sleeve Happy Tree Cool Font

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
Harley owners used to do most of their own work, now it's "the shop." I don't understand why a person would buy a high-maintenance motorcycle if they weren't going to be the one working on it--that "bond" is lost.

Royal Enfield has (typically) 2 hours of maintenance to 1 hour of riding. Harley is maybe 10+ hours of riding to 1 hour of maintenance. Honda...we remove 2 bolts and add the oil back in occasionally. None of these are "bad" motorcycles, riders should pick the one that fits them best.

Remember hearing, "I don't ride my Harley because it's an investment" ["in my kid's college fund."]

·
Registered
499 Posts
WOW! A chance to compare my 2010 Fury to the 2011 Road King... here it goes. The FURY is the most fun to ride! The Fury cost less to maintain. Now that it has the EarthX battery, it's easier to start. The Fury takes less time to wash.

The Road King has a greater payload for long trips, although I have ridden the Fury from Alabama to Canada, Montana, California and back about 3 times. The Road King is a more comfortable ride. The Road King is expensive to maintain and requires it more often. Compensators wear out fast... had to spend the extra bucks and get a BAKER. They are a pain to wash, if done right.

However, that said, I really enjoy both bikes and get the same respect from most other bikers. Probably because I know most of them :) Bottom line: Each to his own.. doesn't matter what you ride, we all enjoy it for the freedom and wind...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts