Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a tail bag that looks nice and not like suitcase on the back? Would be smaller maybe a change of clothes. Or grabbing a couple small items from the grocery. If so, let me know what kind it was and if you have a pic please share.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hello,

Not sure what year model you have..but if you have earlier version you can use the passenger seat strap to zip tie or attach a quick connect/disconnect to the strap.

Also, I simply zip tied a neoprene computer case between my Memphis Shade and speedometer. You'll be amazed how much you can secure inside.

Screenshot_20200603-125805_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200603-125712_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not a tail bag but just as handy.

It's a swing arm bag I picked up from a place called Eagle Leather for about $50.
Made a bracket that mounts to the swing arm and incorporates a license plate bracket.

It's not to big but big enough for my use. I have been able to fit 4 cans of spray paint in it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

Not sure what year model you have..but if you have earlier version you can use the passenger seat strap to zip tie or attach a quick connect/disconnect to the strap.

Also, I simply zip tied a neoprene computer case between my Memphis Shade and speedometer. You'll be amazed how much you can secure inside.

View attachment 236943

View attachment 236944
Good idea. Duh. Never thought of doing that. Was thinking someone probably made something that fit on the fender. Since it is plastic, magnets are out. Thanks you for sharing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a tail bag but just as handy.
View attachment 236948
It's a swing arm bag I picked up from a place called Eagle Leather for about $50.
Made a bracket that mounts to the swing arm and incorporates a license plate bracket.
View attachment 236949
It's not to big but big enough for my use. I have been able to fit 4 cans of spray paint in it.
That is pretty slick...Did you make two of them? 😉 Looks like a good side hustle for someone with fab skills. Thanks for sharing. Been looking at moving the plate as well but couldn't figure out the plate light relocation.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Picked up this light from Amazon for $10 and is bright.

Mounted it to the top of a metal license plate frame, ran the wire under the swingarm and up to the harness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
View attachment 236976
Mounted it to the top of a metal license plate frame, ran the wire under the swingarm and up to the harness.
View attachment 236977
View attachment 236976
View attachment 236977
View attachment 236976
View attachment 236977
Since I am stealing ideas... Were your turn signals part of your tail light assy? Do you remember which manufacturer you got? This set up is exactly what I am looking for.

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody have a tail bag that looks nice and not like suitcase on the back? Would be smaller maybe a change of clothes. Or grabbing a couple small items from the grocery. If so, let me know what kind it was and if you have a pic please share.
Here are my 2 bags, both are from Viking bags, the sissy bar bag comes with the roll bag that is on top of it. Each one can be used independently or together as shown. The swing arm bag is great for running around town but doesn’t really hold a lot for trips of any length.
89F349E1-475F-4E6B-87A4-DB05FC8102BC.jpeg
2A84723C-E4AB-492B-B9AA-AE5BAA33290D.jpeg
EC9C6406-D8B2-4F40-92E7-37970EF7876E.jpeg
3C61F764-00E5-4AA0-9DE9-A29F36C474A3.jpeg
0509CED4-26C7-4247-94B5-83A7C9494AEE.jpeg

·
Registered
56 Posts

Looks really good Aces And Eights. I would be interested in one of those brackets, too, if you’re ever in the mood to whip some more up. Sounds like I’m not the only one. I think I could figure out the license plate and lights if I had one of your brackets. I also just ordered a similar looking swing arm bag. I’m here if you decide to make some more. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts