Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
XTRMK4 (Extreme Kustoms 4)

I almost got FUKYOO through the sensor (made it through online check for availability) but got a friggin email from BMV when they went to make it so I got what I have on everything else lol.

·
Premium Member
13,571 Posts
i lost my personalized plates 2 months ago,most of you know why.dmv let me pick another plate and it still has not arived although it shipped 3 weeks ago.go figger

·
Registered
110 Posts
WTF? Is that a car plate? I hope that plate is not as big as it looks.
Unfortunately it is a standard bike plate - 260mm wide, as opposed to our standard car plates of 380mm wide.

On the plus side, we still only have rear plates on bikes - something they've been wanting to change for some time...

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
I think it's kind of funny, guys will jump through photoshop hoops to hide their license plate in internet pics, and others will show off with pics of their plates.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Good one

IMO your supposed to create stuff on the plates phonetaclly
Or your name or nick name

I wanted Lats 69 but it was deemed no good by Sec of State:mad:
We used to own a few mexican rest. so my DAD had MR. TACO for years

Lats is part of my last name and my B year 1969

I wanted to get Fury 1 or something like it for the bike cost was over 121.00 for vanity plates in IL

If you want all letters it was more!:mad: They love to rape us here in Lincoln land 10 bucks here a hundred there and next thing ya know your broke trying to stay legal here!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Good one
I wanted Lats 69 but it was deemed no good by Sec of State:mad:
We used to own a few mexican rest. so my DAD had MR. TACO for years

Lats is part of my last name and my B year 1969

I wanted to get Fury 1 or something like it for the bike cost was over 140.00 for vanity plates in IL

If you want all letters it was more!:mad: They love to rape us here in Lincoln land 10 bucks here a hundred there and next thing ya know your broke trying to stay legal here!
In Cali they have the same rule about suggestive license plates. Because I had a '69 Vette registered when I lived there, I was able to get SIXDNYN. Otherwise, the connotation is banned.

As for Illinois, don't they have a rule that once you introduce a number into the vanity plate, it cannot have letters after that? So, for example, L8 AGAIN won't fly because the 8 kills the option for more letters. I don't know where I heard that, but I heard about that a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Mine didn't cost that much look here, you can check out what is available and order online, unless you want the Veteran Plate, then you have to go and show your DD 214 (or DD1)https://www.ilsos.gov/PickAPlateWeb/index1.html
I thought I would have to pay the switch fee 30.00 BUT its 26.00 BIKES so also 13.00 bucks extra a year for plate
Thanks for the heads up I was at that site and I just never pulled the trigger
121.00 if may math is right

Fees

Initial Fees
$94

America Remembers, Antique Vehicle, Autism Awareness, B-truck, Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Cubs, Collegiate, Eagle Scout, Education, Environmental, Firefighters Memorial, Illinois Hospice, Illinois Police Association, Illinois Route 66, Illinois Pan Hellenic, Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics, Mammogram, Master Mason, Organ Donor, Ovarian Cancer Awareness, Park District Youth Program, Passenger, Persons with Disabilities, Pet Friendly, Police Memorial, Prevent Violence, Recreational Vehicle (up to 8,000 lbs.), Rotary International, Saluting Agriculture, Sheet Metal Workers International Association, Sporting Series, Support Our Troops, and Support Youth Golf
$50 Recreational Trailer
A $29 replacement fee is assessed to all plate switches, with the exception of Motorcycle and Recreational Trailer (RT) plates, which have a $26 replacement fee.
A $13 surcharge is assessed to the renewal fee.

·
Registered
81 Posts
tag

tag here in mississippi is like 175.00 =30.00 for personal tag,then 30.00 each year plus tag cost. and you think your getting ripped?

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
tag here in mississippi is like 175.00 =30.00 for personal tag,then 30.00 each year plus tag cost. and you think your getting ripped?
Tracy

Cook County IL has like 3 MILLION OCCUPANTS its my home 2nd LARGEST County in US, plus the state has about 12 million Its all based on people in the pool..

So you pay more because there are less people to support the system

The more tax payers the less for the service, we have double the drivers and double the traffic
SO DOUBLE THE FEES HERE:D

In TN you dont sit in 2 hours of traffic daily to go 25 miles in rush hour:D:D
Its normal to not make appointments due to a crash or road rage or bank heist or what ever shit happens on the hour here!:p:p

Its all good its only money!LOL

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mine didn't cost that much look here, you can check out what is available and order online, unless you want the Veteran Plate, then you have to go and show your DD 214 (or DD1)https://www.ilsos.gov/PickAPlateWeb/index1.html

I don't live in Illinois but thought I would go to that website to poke around a bit, and right off the bat I noticed on the front page where you select your vehicle, there is a wheelchair. The first thought was what kind of crap is that? Making people with wheelchairs put plates on them? Haha! Well, the fun and frivolity was short lived, since when i clicked on it I realized it was for regular handicapped plates, but it was funny for a split second.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Try AUS$395 in Western Australia - thats like US$394 :)

At least it is a one off fee - no additional annual charge to the registration.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts