Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had an altercation with a salesman at the local HD shop last week on my lunch break. Me and the guys in my unit will often stop by to see whats new on our lunch breaks. They have a really nice restaurant on site so we usually hit both places when there. I was alone this time and was just looking at the used bikes for an idea im working on when a salesman approached me.

I got the usual. "Looking for a bike?" nope already got one. "What kind?" 2010 honda fury. "Did you just buy it?" (Im thinking i really got a bright one this time.) Yep. "You ready to trade up to a Harley?" No i like my little honda.

Now keep in mind im pretty easy going and am used to the HD guys there giving me the same ol same ol, and i can dish it right back. I can take a joke.

This is when it went south. He then seemed angry and said "Hell your un-American!" I could have even let that slide but his tone and facial expression was one of aggravation and disgust. Considering i was in my full military uniform that irritated the shit out of me. I then pointed at my uniform and said "What in the hell do you think i do for a living? Do i look un-American to you!?" He responded "I know! It doesn't make any sense!" and started to walk away from me. I said a few more choice words at him and about where he works, he didn't say anything back. At this point i was no longer looking at the bike and was walking toward him.

I had lost my temper and was about to make this a REALLY bad day for both of us. Luckily i didn't do what my instinct told me to do and walked to my car and left.

The wife wanted me to call and speak to the manager but i was just trying to forget about it and not waste my time thinking about the dumbass. The guys at work on the other hand (HD riders included) wanted to ride over there after work with me and stomp his ass. Not a good idea. Get arrested for assualt over this retard and lose my security clearance. Lose my security clearance and get discharged from the military. Not an option.

Well since im on their weekly mailing list of events i i got an email the next day. Below was my response;

Message from an ex customer;

I stopped by your shop on my lunch break last Wednesday to look at your used bikes and parts and was harassed by one of your saleman. He asked if I was looking for a bike I said no just looking around. When I told him I just bought a 2010 Honda fury and he asked me if I wanted to "trade up" to a Harley. I can take a joke an told him that I'm happy with my little Honda. He then told me I was unamerican.

Considering I was in my full air force uniform I took offense to that and said to him while pointing at my uniform "what do you think i do for a living? Do I look un American?" he said "I know, it doesn't make sense!". I've served my country proudly for the last 11 years, been shot at and been away from my family dozens of times and never thought I would be called un American because of the type of motorcycle I own, let alone while in uniform! Especially here in the states.

I attended your MSF course a while back, was at your grand opening and have bought a lot of riding gear from you over the years but from now on I will spend my un American dollars elsewhere. I have also spread the word at my unit and everyone, including the Harley owners, were just as appalled and said they will do the same.

Please remove me from your mailing list.

SSGt John Gregory

Well today i got a call from the owner and she apologized extensively and wanted a description of the salesman. I told her what he looked like and she said she would do whatever to make this right. She then said she knew who i was talking about and said that they don't need someone like that working for them, and that he will be dealt with.

Now i hate for someone to lose their job for a lapse in judgement but this guy actually got pissed off at ME! I don't want to sound like some kind of braggard, that's not why i do what i do, but I wonder how much of a patriot this guy is?

So im glad the arrogant little fuck lost his job. He's very lucky this didn't happen about 11 years ago.:cool:

Sorry had to vent

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nice, glad he lost his job.. Too bad you couldnt have stomped his ass, but not worth it I guess..

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
We were talking about this kind of thing in law class last week, how employees have forgotten customer service and who it was that was giving them their money in their paychecks. It comes down to ethical behavior in the work place and the employee shouldn't have brought personal issues into the workplace. I personally am glad he got fired... if he does, and at the very least should get reprimanded for his actions. We also discussed about how age affects one's judgement when it comes to workplace ethics and it is very obvious, that this gentleman did not learn any lessons over the years about keeping work and personal lives seperated. Kudos to you for saying something and "ballz to you" :)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Good job JATO the little bitch needed to lose his job. I bet he don't even own a bike. Trade up hell, you would be tradiing down for more mechanical problems.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Yea I was in Indy for a meeting and went into harley west I think. My dad was getting oil and filter when a salesman walks up and says the same spill I said I owned a honda already and the prick said well I can talk really slow for you. I just walked away didnt want to deal with the prick, went back to parts and the parts guy started in then he says what kind of honda. I told him that it was a fury and better looking then any bike on his floor. That prick had to tell me that his DAD was getting a FURY I just had to laugh and walk away.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds to me like he got himself fired. Good for you for standing up to this moron. I have 27 years in the military and am proud you represented all of us well. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
+1 for walking away and not getting yourself in trouble
+2 for following up... revenge is best served cold.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Sales class 101 NEVER RIP ANOTHERS PRODUCT you can get horrible results from this.. You should go the opposite direction, throw out props and shit... you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar. You let the customer tell you what they dont like about a product or machine!
And to go so low as to call you un American is pure bullshit!

He is lucky you didnt knock him on his ass..

Go back in two weeks I bet he still has a job alot of owners say they will do something and never do... MIO:cool:

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
yep, with my hardhead i would be in the brig by now.you did right.thanks

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yeah, good job holding restraint. I try to keep in mind that people like that are not worth me going to jail and having to deal with what comes with that.

It's that kind of attitude that steers me even farther away from owning an HD. I like a few of their bikes and would probably buy one if I had the money, I just can't get over the "better than you" attitude. That guy can go fuck himself raw with his HD bullshit.

BTW, thank you for serving this wonderful country others take for granted.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Good for you, way to show you have some brains and not be baited by someone’s stupidity. When I first got my Fury, a HD Salesman told me “Oh, they’re getting some really bad reviews from what I have heard.” Yeah right.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Well done JATO! I hate idiots that act that way! Funny thing is if your going to sell HD's for a living you should learn what your new HD's are made of! New HD's are hardley any more American then Honda's!

I was told that the HD shop near me sold plain leather riding jackets. Obviously I don't want to ride with a big HD on my back. The sales lady asked me why I want a debadged jacket. I said I own a Honda not a Harley. She said "it doesn't matter what you ride as long as you ride! That's why we sell a lot of items that don't say Harley on them".
That's a smart HD store!
Needless to say I have been looking for a jacket to fit for over a year now and still no luck! I can't find a 3xTALL 50in chest! They are either 44" of for big fat guys 58" and up?
WTF!
But well done JATO!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Byber....I wear the same size. Perfect place for a leather in your size is Rockinleather .com. Size xxxl. I paid 80 bucks for a quality comp 500 buck jacket. I highly recommend them for leather jackets. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Now heres what i dont understand. Nothing, and i mean NOTHING is made in America any more. Sure, some things are processed here, but almost everything we touch has been made somewhere else, including Hardleys. If its not the copper wire harness that has been made in China, or the plastic parts made in Canada or the paint that is possibly mixedin Japan.

Now im not being un-American ... but even the Franken Corn that is made here as a hybrid corn for fuel has genetic links to foriegn lands. Why cant we all get along. Better yet, why do you have to be an ass to a customer who may possilbly be dropping a but load of money in your store. Ultimately you have to face the possibilities that you may have to take your business else where.

Kudos to you JATO for standing up in what you believe in, and thanks for your service to our country.

·
Registered
241 Posts
First let me say again thank you for your service. Second thanks for your restraint. It is better to show what you are inside than just gut reaction. I bet you serve us all well by being able to do that. Thanks. I ride with the CMA Christian Motorcycle Association and we sponsor a once a month breakfast at the local HD dealer. This week a marines funeral procession started at that dealer and we did a breakfast for the 100 plus riders. It was his 3rd tour oversees. Hopefully your guy will learn a lesson even if it was the hard way. Thanks again to all of our VETERANS. Stan

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
As an Aussie I find what that ex HD salesman said offensive! It's not un-American or un-Australian to buy what you like in fact it's very American or Australian. Men like you and my grand father died fighting for our freedom, for us to be free to buy what we like.

I'm glad he got fired.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Byber....I wear the same size. Perfect place for a leather in your size is Rockinleather .com. Size xxxl. I paid 80 bucks for a quality comp 500 buck jacket. I highly recommend them for leather jackets. Good luck.
NO SHIT!?
Thanks! Going to the site now!!

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I'm impressed THEY approached a customer at all. Around here YOU have to speak to them first or they just ignore you.:eek: Guess that's one reason they just closed a huge HD store around here. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
182 Posts
First things First, Thank you for serving our country, As an Ex-Airman my self I would have been very angry to be called un-american. To me This Guy was more un-american then anyone. Just because you ride a Jap bike, doesnt mean anything, Funny thing to say most parts on harley are owned by jap companys like Mikuni Carburetors.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts