Honda Fury Forums: banner

Got hit in parking lot!

3K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Furydave413 
#1 ·
Took the Fam to a weekend condo and naturally rode the Fury to cruise the small town and give the kids turns riding with Dad. Decided to eat at the only small restaurant in town. Parked the bike right outside the window where the Fam was sitting so I could keep an eye on the bike. Halfway through dinner, I watched a guy walk out and oogle at the blue wonder. He walked all around it and checked it out good. Then got in his SUV, put it in reverse and hit the gas. I see him fly back and slam the brake right next to my bike.

He didn't knock it over, but his bumper grabbed the brake peddle and bent it all the way back to the foot peg. I was really lucky he didn't totally kill it with the speed he was going. I went out immediately and he tried to tell me it was my fault for parking so close to him. I measured it off and the front of his car to the rear of my bike was 63 feet. So probably close to 40 feet distance between! Since I insisted on a police report just in case any more damage was discovered later, he immediately called his insurance company to get it on record that I was parked "right behind" him and it had to be partially my fault. What a crock.

I hope it is only the peddle and not the mounting bracket or frame that was damaged. Just makes me mad because it was so totally careless. But the worst part was him trying to deflect blame for such a minor incident that was so obviously his fault. Hope to get it fixed next week, but will miss some good rides in between time. :mad:

See less See more
#2 ·
Did you call the police in to investigate? I would also see if the restaurant has any video camera's in that area. Did you take any pictures of where his car was "now parked" and where your bike was at the time? (hopefully the police would have done this)...

I would have punched him, so luckily it wasn't me... lol...

#3 ·
I did take some pictures, but the cop was a small town Sheriff and was pretty casual about it. He didn't even document any notes, just names and insurance. Hoping it won't cost more than $200 to fix. But he lives in the next condo subdivision over from my weekend place, so if he doesn't cover the cost, I know where to find him.

#6 ·
Unbelievable!! And the bastard was just looking at the bike! Not like he didn't know it was there. Good thing it was you and not me. That is where I fail at anger management. When people lie about what they have done! SON OF A BITCH!!

#12 ·
Fortunately you were there and saw the entire thing happen. It's hard as hell when there are no witnesses. I hate people, especially stupid ones.

Don't back down for a minute. Keep on your insurance company to make sure they have the real story. You weren't on the bike moving. He was driving and hit a parked vehicle. Full fault lies on him.

#15 ·
Sorry to hear some people just can't admit when they've made a mistake. Had a guy in Home Depot hit our parked car and told our insurance it was our fault, we even had a witness and the guy admitted he was at fault until he was out of the parking lot. Hopefully no damage to the rest of the bike.

#17 ·
Should have punched that muthafucka in the face and said he ran into your fist!

#20 ·
Pretty much a safe assumption mostly everyones a TOOL and they are never never wrong!
File a claim this morning with his insurance company... You were parked in a spot right???

I would have opened a claim yesterday and I always park in the furthest spot away from every car to avoid this crap!!!IMO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.