Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Wow! is all i can say! still alittle shaky but what a ride!
Slow and easy bro... take it for a ride around the neighborhood to get accustomed to it... watch out for crosswalk paint on the road when it's wet... make sure you have quick feet if the bike tries to get out from underneath you (I have caught my bike twice, both were in the first 2 months of having the bike)... have fun :D

·
Registered
12,836 Posts
Ah....the thrill of a new bike....:D I guess if it's your very first bike, you may not notice, but for me, the Fury doesn't "corner", or turn as easily as a regular cruiser. I don't know if it's because of the rake or the wide rear tire, but it took me a bit of getting used to. Twice when taking a right hand turn, I pulled out into the oncoming lane of traffic!:eek: Almost hit a truck once. Since then however, I've gotten used to it and learned how to make it corner.

Sorry for boring you with my story. Congrats on the new bike, man. Have a blast.:D

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Ah....the thrill of a new bike....:D I guess if it's your very first bike, you may not notice, but for me, the Fury doesn't "corner", or turn as easily as a regular cruiser. I don't know if it's because of the rake or the wide rear tire, but it took me a bit of getting used to. Twice when taking a right hand turn, I pulled out into the oncoming lane of traffic!:eek: Almost hit a truck once. Since then however, I've gotten used to it and learned how to make it corner.

Sorry for boring you with my story. Congrats on the new bike, man. Have a blast.:D
Its a combo of rear and rake, rake gives it the heavy falling feeling if you over cut it, and the rear gives it the kinda sloppy wobbely feel from the width differences that makes you want to corner wide. If you can understand that you have riden bikes with raked trees and close to stock tires or with wide rear tires.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Wow! is all i can say! still alittle shaky but what a ride!
Just making sure you're still with us today... Lol, first day out I dug my peg into the ground going about 5 mph, almost took me down and the bike, took out a piece of the street too... Those pegs are strong btw... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yeah but I use my pipes as feelers on the right now... LOL. Take it easy and enjoy the bike. Push yourself through the nerves slowly and you will find your comfort spot... but never loose respect for the bike and what it can do. Always be on a swivle for the 4+ wheelers around you and enjoy. Congrats!! :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.