Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The only thing dont like about my bike now after what Ive done is the bars , dont like the position . Before the 8 degree trees was ok but now is to low , to mutch like stock . Thinkin these but witch ones . The Drag bar are the T bar , im likeing the 8" T bar . Wished there was a dealer around so I could pre fit a set . As far as the speedo its a do whatever got to do . Any comments ,thanks
Chubby Drag Bars, Wild 1 Chubby Handlebars, Drag Bars for Harleys

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea those would be real sweet , and only $2995.95 . Im afraid will have to go the cheaper way

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Make sure that the center to center of the bolt holes is the same, don't want to have to do a mod on the trees.
If the riser bars have a bend then a clamp system could be used to mount the stock speedo cluster.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi BluFury, did't think it would take to long for others to go with new bars and digital speedo.

Like Shorty Steve said the center distance is important and is different to Harley bars. The Fury is 120mm center to center.

The other point to consider is the Digital speedo, as you know I used a WIREPLUS and all connections worked except for the Reserve Fuel (which most digital speedos do not have anyway). Wireplus also do not show the polarity (voltages) required.

DJ has put on his super cool APES and I believe is wiring in a DAKOTA in the next week. Looking at the wiring for the 5000 series dakotas a number of the inputs are negative. Not sure what the Honda puts out but looking at the wiring diagram it should be okay.

I'm sure DJ will let us all know in a week or two if all the inputs work okay.

Cheers
Guy

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Are you using risers BLU? I couldn't tell from pics of your bike. Makes a world of difference.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Looks a little narrow to me, if they say they're 100mm then they won't work, need another 20mm (roughly 3/4 of an inch).

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks a little narrow to me, if they say they're 100mm then they won't work, need another 20mm (roughly 3/4 of an inch).
Yea your right , guess thay must have mis printed the ad . Really sucks . Ive been looking all day and havent found any with the 120 mm center rise .

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
You could also search for handlebars for a DNA springer, those are 4-3/4" center-to-center, 3/100 of an inch might be a tolerable fudge factor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts