Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I am not. But my bike is rarely far away from me when it is out. In your case, I can understand your desire to keep tabs on it.

Reactions: Gizmo and boatwire

·
Super Moderator
3,373 Posts
@boatwire linked to the Safer Turn (Slovenia) ST2 VIGO smart TRACK.

Good or bad, not quite sure.

Specifications:
  • $50 USD for the unit.
  • $50 USD/year subscription (additional), includes SIM card, unlimited data.
  • Supported in: USA, Canada, Australia, EU, UK, Switzerland & Norway.
  • Will report the motorcycle as "stolen" to your phone within 15 to 60 seconds if the motorcycle is moved more than 1 meter without authorization.
  • If a crash is detected it will call the phone number you supply and send your GPS location (3 levels of response based on speed at time of crash).
  • Runs off internal battery for "two to three months" (not motorcycle battery) that recharges when the motorcycle is running.
  • The original (larger) Smart Track uses Cellular to communicate, and if jammed falls back to open WiFi and Bluetooth (though I've never seen this type of Bluetooth communication actually work successfully in the real world). (No idea about

Reports are:
  • The phone app crashes if anything goes wrong.
  • The module is large (given little available space on the Fury) and cannot be placed under anything dense (like under the driver's seat because the driver will block the signal) nor too close to anything metal (also a potential problem for Fury owners).
  • The module drains the motorcycle battery (even though it shouldn't) after 2 to 3 days.
  • GPS reception isn't good, so it can false-report "stolen" and fail to report moved (which is "stolen" if not authorized).
  • Customer Support is lacking.
  • It can interfere with some CANBUS systems.
  • Driver "rating" is vague (how to improve hasn't been written yet).
Sources:

·
Registered
248 Posts
@boatwire linked to the Safer Turn (Slovenia) ST2 VIGO smart TRACK.

Good or bad, not quite sure.

Specifications:
  • $50 USD for the unit.
  • $50 USD/year subscription (additional), includes SIM card, unlimited data.
  • Supported in: USA, Canada, Australia, EU, UK, Switzerland & Norway.
  • Will report the motorcycle as "stolen" to your phone within 15 to 60 seconds if the motorcycle is moved more than 1 meter without authorization.
  • If a crash is detected it will call the phone number you supply and send your GPS location (3 levels of response based on speed at time of crash).
  • Runs off internal battery for "two to three months" (not motorcycle battery) that recharges when the motorcycle is running.
  • The original (larger) Smart Track uses Cellular to communicate, and if jammed falls back to open WiFi and Bluetooth (though I've never seen this type of Bluetooth communication actually work successfully in the real world). (No idea about

Reports are:
  • The phone app crashes if anything goes wrong.
  • The module is large (given little available space on the Fury) and cannot be placed under anything dense (like under the driver's seat because the driver will block the signal) nor too close to anything metal (also a potential problem for Fury owners).
  • The module drains the motorcycle battery (even though it shouldn't) after 2 to 3 days.
  • GPS reception isn't good, so it can false-report "stolen" and fail to report moved (which is "stolen" if not authorized).
  • Customer Support is lacking.
  • It can interfere with some CANBUS systems.
  • Driver "rating" is vague (how to improve hasn't been written yet).
Sources:
Thanks for the info and reviews

·
Registered
2011 Fury
51 Posts
I’m with johnq on this. I personally use kimber security as my primary with an S&W backup security! and just in case they both fail.... ole’ mossberg security never lets me down!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m with johnq on this. I personally use kimber security as my primary with an S&W backup security! and just in case they both fail.... ole’ mossberg security never lets me down!
That's all well and good if it's nearby...mine's 50+ miles away from me.

·
Super Moderator
3,373 Posts
With no-longer-available and one-off custom parts, insurance will (theoretically) pay for my loss (I supplied a list and pay extra for that), but re-making them won't really be a good option.

If she's at a hotel in the parking structure and I'm in bed, Agent Smith isn't going to help without her sending a text for help, hence "giving her a voice."

Agent_Smith.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts