Thanks for the info and reviews@boatwire linked to the Safer Turn (Slovenia) ST2 VIGO smart TRACK.
Good or bad, not quite sure.
- $50 USD for the unit.
- $50 USD/year subscription (additional), includes SIM card, unlimited data.
- Supported in: USA, Canada, Australia, EU, UK, Switzerland & Norway.
- Will report the motorcycle as "stolen" to your phone within 15 to 60 seconds if the motorcycle is moved more than 1 meter without authorization.
- If a crash is detected it will call the phone number you supply and send your GPS location (3 levels of response based on speed at time of crash).
- Runs off internal battery for "two to three months" (not motorcycle battery) that recharges when the motorcycle is running.
- The original (larger) Smart Track uses Cellular to communicate, and if jammed falls back to open WiFi and Bluetooth (though I've never seen this type of Bluetooth communication actually work successfully in the real world). (No idea about
- The phone app crashes if anything goes wrong.
- The module is large (given little available space on the Fury) and cannot be placed under anything dense (like under the driver's seat because the driver will block the signal) nor too close to anything metal (also a potential problem for Fury owners).
- The module drains the motorcycle battery (even though it shouldn't) after 2 to 3 days.
- GPS reception isn't good, so it can false-report "stolen" and fail to report moved (which is "stolen" if not authorized).
- Customer Support is lacking.
- It can interfere with some CANBUS systems.
- Driver "rating" is vague (how to improve hasn't been written yet).