1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just installed one on my Fury last week and tried it out this past weekend. It worked perfectly with very little adjustment. When riding for at least two hours non-stop (70-80 mph) my fingers start to go numb and it is great to be able to take your hand off the throttle for a few minutes. I agree that it is a bit pricey but it very well made, easy to use and disengages by using the brake handle (no brainer). I would recommend to anyone even for the price.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good deal

I just installed one on my Fury last week and tried it out this past weekend. It worked perfectly with very little adjustment. When riding for at least two hours non-stop (70-80 mph) my fingers start to go numb and it is great to be able to take your hand off the throttle for a few minutes. I agree that it is a bit pricey but it very well made, easy to use and disengages by using the brake handle (no brainer). I would recommend to anyone even for the price.
Glad to hear all that Hubb; how was the installation? looks like there's a few delicate steps toward the end that you could screw something up? Did you install it over the stock grips or some kind of aftermarkets?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a breakaway on my VTX and I love it! install was ok, it took a few min. to adjust it but once you get it, its all good. I don't know if I'll need one on the Fury, as I don't plan on riding any great distances on it. That's why I kept the VTX.
But I read that lots of you have ridden some distances without issue.
For my size, 6'4" 36 inch inseam, 235 lbs, I'm a little hesitant to ride more than 100 miles or so on the Fury. I would try it with a seat mod, and forward controls moved three to four inches north. But that will wait until after riding season.
What I like about the breakaway, is if you sneeze on it it disengages, you tap the break , it disengages. But if you want to adjust your throttle, It lets you. overall, a nice unit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stonewheel,

Instillation was easy!! The instructions are right on, took between 30 minutes to an hour. About half of that was fine tuning the control. I have the standard Honda grips at this time but the cruise control will work on after-market grips. There is no reason to screw anything up. You won't be disappointed.

Hubb

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
I have the Brake away on my VTX also, like it alot. I installed the Kury throttle lock on my Fury, it is alot like the Throttle Miester, works well too, I have installed alot of Vista Cruise locks on bikes at work, they work fine, but are fugly IMO, but they only cost about $35

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Stonewheel,

Instillation was easy!! The instructions are right on, took between 30 minutes to an hour. About half of that was fine tuning the control. I have the standard Honda grips at this time but the cruise control will work on after-market grips. There is no reason to screw anything up. You won't be disappointed.

Hubb
Nice to know. Can you post up some installed pics?? Want to see what it looks like from both sides. If it looks bad I probably wouldn't consider it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chopped,

Go to the Brakeaway web site (brakeawayproducts.com) and check out the install instuctions for metric bikes (5CP02). The cruise on the Fury looks just like the pics in the install instruction pages.

Hubb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts