Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I should have posted here first but what the heck, I couldn't wait to get in on the fun.

I currently own a VTX-1800 R and love it. I have been from coast 2 coast and all points in between. Some of my favorite destinations have been riding the Scenic Hwy 1 next to the Pacific Ocean, Grand Canyon, Winslow, AZ, a few ghost towns, Lake Tahoe and the High Sierras, Mohave Desert, Roswell, AZ, Las Vegas outskirts and the Extraterrestrial Hwy. Tail of the Dragon for what its worth and areas in and around Tennessee, NC and GA. I've been as far north as Indiana and plan on a Canada trip in 2011. That's the short of it. Been logging over 25,000 miles a year for the past two. Don't tell my insurance company :rolleyes:

My worst event if there is such a thing is the cluster *** out at the Laughlin River Run. Too many riders trailer their bikes and ride to fall. :)

I'm retired but have a couple of part time hustles that help support my riding and spearfishing adventures.

Also a member of the Widows Sons Masonic Riders Association. A great group of freemasons who ride. Also a Shriner.

Looking to purchase a red Fury in the coming weeks and will post a pic as soon as I do.

Nice to be a part of the group! Everyone seems to be cordial but then again like they say "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" :)

Safe travels to all,

·
Registered
616 Posts
Man, That sounds like fun!!!, be sure to post some pics of your bike when you get it theres not many out there of the dark red!

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
What part of Southern Alabama you at? I went to Dauphin Island and am currently in Mobile somewhere off I-65s with the wife n kids at the Hampton.

On a side note: I guess the seat mod from MeanCityCycles was not ment to be for me.... not sure if something shifted or what but sure felt like I was sitting on steel for 4 hours :(

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Hello uwhunter. I'm VTXr on the VTXOA. You'll love the bike and the "company".

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What part of Southern Alabama you at? I went to Dauphin Island and am currently in Mobile somewhere off I-65s with the wife n kids at the Hampton.

On a side note: I guess the seat mod from MeanCityCycles was not ment to be for me.... not sure if something shifted or what but sure felt like I was sitting on steel for 4 hours :(
I'm 30 miles north of Dauphin Island. If you are in Mobile at the moment, I'm planning on going to breakfast at Dick Russell's this morning at 0930, meeting up with some of my other riding group. Come on if you can... I think the Hampton is close by.
Just find Highway 90 and head west into Tillman's Corner... can't miss it. We'll be at the big round table in the smoking section.
If you have a problem, ask anyone, most locals know where this restaurant is located.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I'm 30 miles north of Dauphin Island. If you are in Mobile at the moment, I'm planning on going to breakfast at Dick Russell's this morning at 0930, meeting up with some of my other riding group. Come on if you can... I think the Hampton is close by.
Just find Highway 90 and head west into Tillman's Corner... can't miss it. We'll be at the big round table in the smoking section.
If you have a problem, ask anyone, most locals know where this restaurant is located.
Err just woke up a bit ago, didn't see this till now. I should be around this area and the coast for the next 3-5 days being a Touron (Tourist/Moron) with the fam.

Somewhere between Alabama Welcome Center & Dauphin Island my darn plate fell off lol. Local DMV says no temp plates for outta townersgo home n get a new one. Local Trooper Office says it will be a small sitation if the officer decides to gimme a ticket. Weee fun minication :p

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be there tomorrow morning too but will have to cage it due to lodge duties... Dick Russell's BBQ is my usual breakfast provider :) ... retired so may be there by 10:30 or 11:00.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DeadSpider, Heading out for breakfast... there's MC parking in front under the big oak trees. I'll be on my silver X since my Fury is still in the shop waiting on chrome...

btw: If you're at the Hampton, you can take the service road south to Hwy 90 and there will be A&B Honda on the left just past Leo's Western Wear in case you are interested.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DS, Missed you this morning but while you're in Mobile, check out the Battleship on the causeway and just east of there is a nice park called "Mayer Park" that has a boardwalk over the water. Also, downtown has some nice scenery along Government Street with giant oak trees and a waterfront park next to the cruise ship terminal. I think you have already been to Dauphin Island but check out Bayou La Batre south of Mobile. there's a lot of shrimp boats and it goes right down to the waterfront.

I will be busy the rest of the week. If you are a mason, we will have lodge tonight at the Loop Lodge beginning at 7:00 p.m. We eat around 5:30.

Maybe we can catch up with you next time... safe travels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts