Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sharing this Irate Grill modification I just did. I added the wire mesh behind the grill to give it some contrast. I wanted to keep the black look and it seemed like it needed something.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like that idea CBS, thanks! I thought alot about the restrictive element. Hard to tell from the photos, but the mesh wire is pretty open inbetween. I will watch the heat factor though.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

that has potential......................btw, is your bike imitating an hd and leaking something????....lol..........jk i can tell you just washed it...........t

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
dece, I think you did a good job and I agree with needing some contrast. Looks good!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! I can totally take criticism. It was very easy to do and will be just as easy to pop off. If you guys saw it without the stanless look behind, it dosn't look right. You have to stare at it to see the skull and flames.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Looks good, really makes the design stand out. I know the mesh you are talking about and I don't think you will have and heat issues.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
color the eyes in red. Just keep an eye on the heat factor. Layer upon layer can cut down the cooling capabilities.
I was going to say the same thing! Or maybe give him some evil red eyebrows!:confused:
That little bit of red adds a lot.
That looks really cool! I wonder if making the entire screen red would be over doing it?

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Take it one step further and put a red light behind each eye.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think if you tape the outside of the grille and spray paint the inside so you get some red out lines between the front and the rear it will defenetly stand out. I did that on mine but in blue.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
color the eyes in red. Just keep an eye on the heat factor. Layer upon layer can cut down the cooling capabilities.
That was my first thought, too. But I also wonder what it would look like with the entire mesh painted the same red as our rim stripe.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
That was my first thought, too. But I also wonder what it would look like with the entire mesh painted the same red as our rim stripe.
Too much red IMO. The red eyes ( even if you did a red outline on the outter part of the eye socket leaving the inside white ) it would be just enough to break up the chrome and white back ground. Im just saying.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Looks killer had a buddy just told me to do that in red on mine. What and where did you get the mesh?
Im going to go out on a limb and say any hardware store. If it were i would use the metal mesh you can use for window screens. Cut to fit the inside of the cover and use a high temp epoxy or maybe even some JBWeld to hold it in place.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You guys have some great ideas! I'm gong to think about this. The best part is the mesh is cheap. I got it at my local Ace hardware. Forget what i paid. Bought it to cover my attic vents actually a year ago. I'm sure it was pretty cheap.
I used the wire from a trash bag tie to secure the mesh to the 4 points of contact on the Irate Grill. I just wrapped it around and twisted them.

Appreciate the feedback guys!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts