Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ended up getting the XL spike chrome t-band grips from DLX Prodox for my fury. since my fury is in storage buried under 10 inches of snow and a 4 foot snow drift and i can t get to it to install them. the web site says to be bike specific so they can send correct throttle adapter(which i did) it came w a adapter installed,but if i recall correctly honda's have a white plastic sleeve on the throttle side that the grip jus slides onto which doesn't require any adapter for the cables. if anyone could give me any insight on this it would be much appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
With the Xop grips, they replace the white honda throttle tube with a piece that is about one inch wide. It goes over the bars, into the throttle housing and has about one in sticking out that you use the grip set screws to lock it down.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
grips

so i won't use the throttle adapter thats installed in my grips now?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yes you will use the adapter supplied and remove the white plastic part.

·
Registered
118 Posts
another hint

Sinister: It helps to remove the air intake and loosen the throttle cables to the throttle body. Takes an extra 15 minutes but will make easier to get the slack you need to install the cable end knobs that go into the new sleeve.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx

thanks for the advice! ask and u shall receive! such an abudance of knowledge in this forum.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
thanks for the advice! ask and u shall receive! such an abudance of knowledge in this forum.
Got any pics of these grips? I cant picture what they look like?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
grips

go to website DLX prodox on left hand column of page. go to xl grips,then chrome spike,look for chrome t-band

·
Registered
675 Posts
Byber, I'm running the Dlxprodux t-band grips on my bike. They are a really good upgrade$150. Put on myself....a real pain adjusting the cables. My advice to anyone attempting this..... Have a good mechanic do it. Cost me 25 bucks to have them to adjust the cables. I just don't have the patience to dial them in right. Your bike repair skills might be better than mine. I highly recommend Dlxprodux.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
My question is... How is the comfort with these style of grips?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts