1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these grip and they say they work with the Fury

SMT Machining

But after I got them, I have a question :

The end of the throttle side has the hooks for the cable barrels to go into, does this portion go under the switch housing ? I thought it was controlled by the plastic tube under the grip ? they came with no directions and I am curious how this will work. I will be installing them this weekend and wanted some input. I am already clear on how to remove the OEM grips. Someone please chime in that has use this type of set up. Thanks !

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you remove the stock grips you will see there is a groove in the housing that the cables will sit in!
Guess it is one of those ah ha moments after you take it apart, I can't picture it right now. Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
grips

u have to remove the plastic sleeve. u don use it in this application

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Right, these are just like the XOProdox or other billet grips, there is no throttle sleeve, it's part of the grip. Just open the switch housing on the right, loosen and remove the throttle cable, and slide the whole thing off, grip still glued to the throttle tube.

The left side you'll need to pop the end cap off and use the old wd-40-under-the-grip-with-a-screwdriver technique, slide the grip off, clean the bar, and slide the new grip on and tighten the set screws (don't forget locktite).

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys everyone, I'll shoot some pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts