Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gidday,

I know this has probably been asked dozens of times before but can anyone give me some advice on getting the (original Honda) chrome end caps off my grips so that I can replace the grips? Does the cap twist off, or does the small chrome plug in the end come off first? I have found the other threads with all of the other info to get the job done, I just need to find out about the caps first. Just got a set of ISO and looking forward to putting them on tonight!

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

No but turn it really hard it will come off
Hi BluFury,

Thanks for the info! This forum is excellent for getting help!

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Those end caps are a little hard to twist off. I used one of those rubber band oil filter wrenchs to get mine off. The rubber grips but does not mark the plastic chrome in case you want to re-install them some time.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The throttle side twists off counter clockwise and the other side just pops off but I had to use a screwdriver to get under it.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
If you have the throttle tube in the new grips, loosen the throttle cable at switch housing and throttle body, then open switch housing and remove cables, grip slides right off.

For left twist or carefully pry cap off. from that stick a screwdriver between grip and bar, roll it around the grip then spray some lube in there, grip will slide right off.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
remember to save those end caps and you can use them for the bolts that's on top of the triple tree, just use some 3M tape or what I used was a putty from hobby lobby that's used to hold pictures on the wall, has held up good so far but don't know how the summer heat is going to affect them, guess I'll find out soon since it's warming up so quickly here in TN.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Those end caps are a little hard to twist off. I used one of those rubber band oil filter wrenchs to get mine off. The rubber grips but does not mark the plastic chrome in case you want to re-install them some time.
Strap/Belt wrench:D

Used on chrome for plumbing fixtures not to mar

I had some issue with my Kuryakyn grips so Im all stock for now

I never liked glue for the throttle sleeve

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to All!!

Thanks to all for the info. Got it done this afternoon without ANY hassle. New grips are on. It certainly makes the job easier when you can put a few questions to the Forum to start with.

Cheers

Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts