Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After this winter, it took 3 charge cycles to start the fury. I did not want to chance it so I looked at the EXT36c. Could not find it shipped until friday so I looked elsewhere and found the better EXT680c in stock at a local Aircraft spruce aviation supply 30 min from me. Sucks that it was $400 after tax though.

Got home, whipped up some DIY pure copper terminal connectors from scrap bars that I had laying around and voila! She is good to go now! Total time invested is 2 hours from the first search to the installed battery first start.

Not bad!

20210327_150147.jpg
20210327_150204.jpg

·
Registered
248 Posts
After this winter, it took 3 charge cycles to start the fury. I did not want to chance it so I looked at the EXT36c. Could not find it shipped until friday so I looked elsewhere and found the better EXT680c in stock at a local Aircraft spruce aviation supply 30 min from me. Sucks that it was $400 after tax though.

Got home, whipped up some DIY pure copper terminal connectors from scrap bars that I had laying around and voila! She is good to go now! Total time invested is 2 hours from the first search to the installed battery first start.

Not bad!

View attachment 239568 View attachment 239569
WELL DONE!!

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Looks great, did they not include the terminal extenders for the battery? Mine came with them.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad I live in Florida.
I could only wish that I lived in florida. I absolutely hate winter and have hated living here for all 43 years of my life. I have deployed 6 times to the middle east and honestly, I prefer blazing hot over winter any day. I fucking hate being cold.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great, did they not include the terminal extenders for the battery? Mine came with them.
Your ext36c comes with them. My ext680c does not.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
435 Posts
I could only wish that I lived in florida. I absolutely hate winter and have hated living here for all 43 years of my life. I have deployed 6 times to the middle east and honestly, I prefer blazing hot over winter any day. I fucking hate being cold.
Winter of '71/72 I was in GLAKES, IL...with wind-chill it hit 56° below 0°...WTF!? I had thought I knew what cold was having lived in Penna., & Mass., but THAT was a whole other cold! I worked in 1200psi steam enginerooms of two of the ships I was stationed. JAN80 my last ship went into Bath Iron Works (Maine) shipyard for overhaul after we went on a S.America/W.Africa cruise. I got out in May and went back to Mass. until the first snow. Saw an ad in the newspaper for driving some old folks' Lincoln down to Ft. Lauderdale. Screw this shit. I packed my seabag and a sleeping bag in the trunk. I'm outta here! I'd rather sweat than freeze. Currently in Gainesville. Go Gators!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will say though, I was just discussing with my wife that florida seems to be the state with the most...ummm...lets say, interesting people. No fucks given in florida. Its like the tropical paradise changes you.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Winter of '71/72 I was in GLAKES, IL...with wind-chill it hit 56° below 0°...WTF!? I had thought I knew what cold was having lived in Penna., & Mass., but THAT was a whole other cold! I worked in 1200psi steam enginerooms of two of the ships I was stationed. JAN80 my last ship went into Bath Iron Works (Maine) shipyard for overhaul after we went on a S.America/W.Africa cruise. I got out in May and went back to Mass. until the first snow. Saw an ad in the newspaper for driving some old folks' Lincoln down to Ft. Lauderdale. Screw this shit. I packed my seabag and a sleeping bag in the trunk. I'm outta here! I'd rather sweat than freeze. Currently in Gainesville. Go Gators!
My military life follows similar to yours except I was in Great Mistakes '75/77 and I also was from the North (New York) and thought I could tolerate the cold there! NOT!! Whole NEW ballgame, so I can relate to the intense cold coming from the North (Canada). On my first ship, I served time (6 months) in the 1200 psi steam plants and engine rooms ( 2 each) as a newbie. BUT I did manage get greased in ALL 4 spaces for each initiation. NEVER AGAIN MIND YOU!! Currently in Jacksonville. Go Gators!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I will say though, I was just discussing with my wife that florida seems to be the state with the most...ummm...lets say, interesting people. No fucks given in florida. Its like the tropical paradise changes you.
TRUE! It does change you!

·
Registered
435 Posts
"Shorts and flip-flops" is my "Uniform of the Day" 330/365...jeans and jacket 35/365. I keep my bike at my oldest son's place (he's my riding partner/coach). Riding attire (boots, socks, jeans, leather) kept in the car so I'm ready to ride when his schedule allows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Boot camp? I was there that winter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got off the bus from O'hare on 29JUL71 Co. 242. After boot camp, I went across the base to MM"A" school. the extended version included a few weeks of prep classes for my next school in Vallejo.
Think we were company 422
29 November 1971
Snowed and cold the entire time there.
After graduation I went to San Diego for Hospital corpman "A" school.
Bur I remember the minus 50 something temperature. We had liberty that day, spent it in a Hotel getting drunk.

·
Registered
2013 Black Flash
16 Posts
Yur right...we don't give a fuck. No winter...no problem. Clothing...optional.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts