Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To mister ocifferer freindlies, what be yous thoughtses of a travlin man wit a 6 shooter in da car?? hic-up stagger staggeer

I cans speel the alfabit btw

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
When youre that shit faced its not a good idea - but keeping it in th glove is ok, in florida be sure to follow the two step rule - meaning u have to perform two complete steps before you have it out.

Example: Gn in glove compartment in a holster thats latched.

Opening glove step 1
Unstrapping gun from holster - step 2

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
step 1 ...grab gun
step 2 ... shoot

no worky?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ahhhh,I don't need one, everyone will be so awestruck by my Fury on the trailer that I will have plenty of time to call 911 and police to show, probably be able to smoke a cig while waiting and answerer their "is that a Big Dog?" ?'s :D

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
If your intox....unloaded and in the trunk would be best. If your really that worried, just get a CCW permit, but that doesnt help very much when your intox.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If your intox....unloaded and in the trunk would be best. If your really that worried, just get a CCW permit, but that doesnt help very much when your intox.
LOL I won't be drunked, just thinking, I don't think I will carry.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
I've got my CCW, but you're definitely in trouble if you get caught carrying while intoxicated, and if you're travelling as you have been, make sure the states you expect to be in have reciprocating laws or else you need to leave your piece at home.

Sucks in New England because NJ and MA have the most restrictive gun laws in the country and I've got to pass through them to get just about anywhere in this great country of ours. Haven't applied for a NJ or MA out of state permit yet, and I've been eyeing one of the Utah 48-state permits.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
To mister ocifferer freindlies, what be yous thoughtses of a travlin man wit a 6 shooter in da car?? hic-up stagger staggeer

I almost threw my Taurus Judge in the tool bag when I travelled to Indy in August on the Fury from Martinsburg WV. I figured the hell with it. If someone wants my bike that bad, they can have it. I'll just get a new one with the insurance money. Now going for my wallet, they would have had to kill me first and I just don't fall over too easy. I didn't even think about it until I hit Wheeling WV. The town looked downtroden and people may be desperate but a few people came to me to talk about the bike and were very nice. I stopped in Columbus Ohio for gas on the way home and thought maybe I should have brought it but the people there were very nice also. And it wasn't like I could just roll em up and lock em. I gave up on people being nice years ago, but sometimes you just have to give people the benefit of the doubt. Traveling with equipment that you have can't be carried into a hotel room so I would definatley pack heat. I stayed in Cambridge Ohio on the way to Indy and my room was on the backside of the hotel. The lot was well lit and I parked under a light but was still up every half an hour to check on her out of the window. Pack heat but use good judgement. When drinking, put it away. When needed, God forbid, have it ready to use, not hand over. Drive safe and enjoy your "tour" and don't forget that my offer to rest and eat here on the trip still stands. Just give me a few days notice if possible so I can take the day off if I'm scheduled to work. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Mike i carry in my rig to every state. Just have to check the laws in some, but ive been stopped numerous times by law enforcement for road-side safety checks as well as at the scale houses. If they ask i always tell them im carrying and they normally just ask for the firearm to secure during the stop. Have NEVER got in trouble for packing most officers understand that when you are traveling alone that you may encounter a situation where you may have to protect yourself or your property.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts

Without a permit in Indiana = jail and about 3 court appearances and big fines. Not to mention losing you gun. Get a permit. It is $150.00 or so for a lifetime permit then you don't have to worry about it.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Mike i carry in my rig to every state. Just have to check the laws in some, but ive been stopped numerous times by law enforcement for road-side safety checks as well as at the scale houses. If they ask i always tell them im carrying and they normally just ask for the firearm to secure during the stop. Have NEVER got in trouble for packing most officers understand that when you are traveling alone that you may encounter a situation where you may have to protect yourself or your property.
Good idea, if you are upfront with the officer, they are usually forgiving of the infraction they stopped you for in the first place. If you lie and they find it anyways, they won't be happy. But.........if your carrying in your semi, it is a federal violation.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I think i was in NJ and got stopped, I knew i wasnt stopping anytime soon so I had it torn down completely and scattered somewhat in the car. The cops pulled me over and saw the CC and asked if i was carrying I said Kindof and he asked to clarify so I showed him and explained when im getting ready to stop I build it and other than that its torn down incase I got pulled over and my CCW wasnt good for that state so I would be just hauling parts and bullets. The cop was laughing about it and said that is about the smartest thing hes seen someone do.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I think i was in NJ and got stopped, I knew i wasnt stopping anytime soon so I had it torn down completely and scattered somewhat in the car. The cops pulled me over and saw the CC and asked if i was carrying I said Kindof and he asked to clarify so I showed him and explained when im getting ready to stop I build it and other than that its torn down incase I got pulled over and my CCW wasnt good for that state so I would be just hauling parts and bullets. The cop was laughing about it and said that is about the smartest thing hes seen someone do.
I won't mess with anyone who does this, to me they are being responsible and obeying our laws.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I won't mess with anyone who does this, to me they are being responsible and obeying our laws.
My mentality is im not going to study every law and make sure im 100% legit, but if they are going to mess with me for it If the gun is in no way usable they know im not showing any intent and i could more than likely beat it in court. On long road trips the main thing is when you stop you dont know what you may come across That is probably the only time you would have an issue. Even if i build it in a no carry state it is usually sitting just inside the back window so while im Fueling i can reach in for access almost instantly but its only a matter of 10 mins or so the gun is an a condition to potentially be an issue

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Good idea, if you are upfront with the officer, they are usually forgiving of the infraction they stopped you for in the first place. If you lie and they find it anyways, they won't be happy. But.........if your carrying in your semi, it is a federal violation.
That is a myth, there are no federal laws that say you cant carry in a commercial vehicle, belive me as a lifetime NRA member i have had many discussions with them about this its just not true.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Mike make sure you carry two guns when you travel up to Boston so that you will be on an even playing field. Maybe a couple knives also.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts