Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 668 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been discussion of fire arms from time to time, so I figured I would post up my small arsenal.

Smith & Wesson - Bodyguard 380mm

Ruger LC9 w/ Crimson Trace Lazer

Browning Buck Mark Light .22

Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm

All 3 together...

Les Baer 1911 45mm

All hand guns together...

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Marlin Bolt Action Rifle .22

Smith & Wesson AR15-22

Rock River LAR15-5.56

Safety First. Everything is locked up except the ones I sleep with.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
45mm?
Now that's a large caliber handgun.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
I had an original .45 ACP Colt M1911 years ago given to me by an old friend who would have been well over 100 today. Unfortunately it did not have the newer models' longer grip safety spur to prevent hammer bite and it also had one hell of a recoil kick. I actually found it tiring to fire repeatedly and my accuracy reflected that :rolleyes:.

A little history: Among the areas of success for the Colt was a test at the end of 1910 attended by its designer, John Browning. Six thousand rounds were fired from a single pistol over the course of two days. When the gun began to grow hot, it was simply immersed in water to cool it. The Colt gun passed (US military trials) with no reported malfunctions, while the Savage designs submitted had 37. Following its success in trials, the Colt pistol was formally adopted by the Army on March 29, 1911. The M1911 was formally adopted by the Navy and Marine Corps in 1913.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
My ak47 and sks! Thats all im posting, obamas dumb ass dont need to know what all I have till they knock on my door!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My ak47 and sks! Thats all im posting, obamas dumb ass dont need to know what all I have till they knock on my door!

Everything I have is registered, so they already know.

As for the "why" have the guns.

It started out as personal protection. For instance, I came home last September 10th and found a guy in my second story balcony. Didn't have a gun on me, but it turned into quite a confrontation. I went up after him and ended up falling down 2 flights of stairs, but I did catch him and apprehend him till the police arrived.

The best part is that it has been a great bonding experience with my two boys. They love to shoot. We shoot mostly for target and competition. We are not into hunting or anything like that.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
My store bought guns are registered but have bought many off of private individuals. ..

·
Registered
264 Posts
That's not even that big of a collection. A nice collection. Just not huge comparatively speaking. I love that 1911 as well. I sold my Kimber Pro Carry II awhile ago and still miss shooting it.

I still have my purpose guns:

S&W Shield 9mm with TruGlo TFO night sights as my daily carry
Full Size S&W 9mm with a Streamlight TLR-1 light, DCAEK, TruGlo TFO's
Colt MT6400c AR15 with lots of upgrades

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
Everything I have is registered, so they already know.

As for the "why" have the guns.

It started out as personal protection. For instance, I came home last September 10th and found a guy in my second story balcony. Didn't have a gun on me, but it turned into quite a confrontation. I went up after him and ended up falling down 2 flights of stairs, but I did catch him and apprehend him till the police arrived.

The best part is that it has been a great bonding experience with my two boys. They love to shoot. We shoot mostly for target and competition. We are not into hunting or anything like that.
All mine are registered as well. If they day comes that they want to take them, who's to say that I didn't sell them all years ago? Prove that I didn't.

I don't hunt much anymore. I also shoot for the fun of it. Gotta' teach that paper target a lesson! Guns are a great hobby and really fun sport. Shoot with my one and only son as well. Loved the look on his face when I gave him his first gun for Christmas. Old 7.62 x 54 bolt action Russian sniper rifle with scope and big tin full of ammo. He couldn't believe I was giving it to him.

I grew up on the farm with guns. Dad taught me to shoot at an early age. Had guns around me all my life. I grew up in the days when any high school kid who had a truck, also had a gun rack in the back window with at least one .22 rifle and probably a 410 shotgun. It was nothing to see several trucks in the high school parking lot with guns in them. No one was stupid enough to take a gun into school back then and shoot people. Back then the only violence was an occasional punch in the face. I was on both the giving and receiving end of those and no one threatened to shoot anyone.

Sorry, I could go on and on. I have no pics of my guns, but do have a couple handguns along with assorted rifles and shotguns. It's just part of life. You leave the house, you take your wallet, pocket knife and handgun with you and head out.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Had a Mosin as well. I believe it was a '44 or '47.

Bought a cheap scope and mount for it, but never managed to put it on before I sold it (for profit).

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
S&W J frame shrouded trigger revolver 38 cal.

J.P./Sauer & Son West Germany 357 Mag revolver

SKS Korean assault rifle

Remington 12 gauge barrel over a 5 shot capacity semi auto modified pistol grip shotgun

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
S&W J frame shrouded trigger revolver 38 cal.

J.P./Sauer & Son West Germany 357 Mag revolver

SKS Korean assault rifle

Remington 12 gauge over & under 5 shot capacity semi auto modified pistol grip shotgun
I'm no gun expert, so maybe I'm misinterpreting the terminology, but "....over and under......semi auto.....".....???..... I've always known an over and under to basically be a double barrel with each one having only a single round capacity.

Help me understand if I am missing something. Not trying to be a smartass. Just maybe an opportunity to learn something if I am mistaken.

1 - 20 of 668 Posts