Honda Fury Forums: banner

621 - 640 of 668 Posts

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
@Goat... That's good stuff. Glad to hear that practice is paying off for you and the new Wesson is performing. I also went to the range on Sunday. Overall, I did okay but more practice is definitely in my future as well. I sent a picture of my paper target to my son in Boston. He also went to a range there. (Side note: he recently got his carry permit in Mass... what a frickin' circus that was... classes, paperwork, essays, backgrounds, interviews ... holy crap) He sent a photo of his paper back to me.... made mine look REALLY bad !! He told me later, after listening to me praise him & whine about my poor performance, that he had actually been shooting a scoped rifle and not his Glock. Little jerk !! Made me feel a bit better... I'm headed back to the range this weekend to get more practice in.

:winetime:
Hey @Hillzz ... Here's my final review on the 1911 Dan Wesson Valor 10mm. The last time I took it to the range, it started malfunctioning.....not pushing the round into the chamber, firing pin not hitting the primer hard enough to fire the round.......... With the tight tolerances on the Dan Wesson, I was sure it was because I had fired over 500 rounds without even an initial cleaning and oiling when I first bought it. Took it apart, cleaned, oiled............. Went back to the range yesterday and zero problems, (other than my floppy thumb hitting the slide lock lever one time). Keep it clean and it'll run like a champ.

My shooting buddy set up some barrels and we were practicing using them as cover and firing around both sides of them, firing one handed using the barrel to steady your aim. I've never tried shooting left handed until yesterday. Took a few shots, but I was finally able to steady the gun and hit the targets. Switched from right hand to left hand several times and then back to both hands. It sure makes shooting with two hands seem very easy after only using one.

Good day at the range. I'm glad I can calm down my OCD, (LOL), and I can finally say that I love the 10mm Dan Wesson as much as I love the .45 ACP Springfield Armory. They are both amazing handguns and I can't wait to get back out to the range for more practice.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
What rifle and scope did you mount to that Harris Bipod?
I was tempted not to mess with the Harris Bipod, although the pod seemed "empty" so I decided to mount a .338 Lapua Ruger Precision Rifle in conjunction with an Athlon Argos 6 x 24-50 MOA on the Harris. I think the Harris looks more complete.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I was tempted not to mess with the Harris Bipod, although the pod seemed "empty" so I decided to mount a .338 Lapua Ruger Precision Rifle in conjunction with an Athlon Argos 6 x 24-50 MOA on the Harris. I think the Harris looks more complete.
lol, looks to be a lot of fun :grin:

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
mounted a new scope on my 28 nosler and did some testing on my handloads.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
mounted a new scope on my 28 nosler and did some testing on my handloads.
Which glass did you choose?
That's the way you fine tune accuracy with any firearm. Factory loads are very "hot" and the unburned powder is abrasive, causes premature barrel wear. I have a 2-70 with a Shilen barrel. Talk about picky! Took me 6 months to find the ammo it would digest accurately. Once found it turned into a real nail driver.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Which glass did you choose?
That's the way you fine tune accuracy with any firearm.
Vortex viper hst 6-24x50 I had it coated burnt bronze to match the rifle. Browning x bolt hells canyon long range.
Handloads met and exceeded my expectations. was able to group at just over an inch at 300 yards.
162 grain eldx with 81.0 grains of H-1000 avg speed from the chrono was 3281

Attachments

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Vortex viper hst 6-24x50 I had it coated burnt bronze to match the rifle. Browning x bolt hells canyon long range.
Handloads met and exceeded my expectations. was able to group at just over an inch at 300 yards.
162 grain eldx with 81.0 grains of H-1000 avg speed from the chrono was 3281
Nice glass!

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's been a long agonizing wait. (Just over 10 months) but my nfa stamp finally got cleared and I got to bring my suppressor home.
Have the QD mount so it can switch between rifles.
Brings 308 down to 136 db. Dont even wear earplugs. The RPR is extremely quiet being a bolt action

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't yall make me break ole Bessie out. I would have to turn the camera sideways just to get all of her on a pic.:grin::grin::grin:
not sure what ole Bessie is but im very intrigued.

621 - 640 of 668 Posts