Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here we go again with apehangers...

I've finally found something similar to what I want to do, apes without a ridiculous rise or horrible paintjob, like this:

Unfortunately, the bars this guy chose have rounded bottoms that don't seem to match the Fury's style, and are sitting on stupid high risers... and he's moved the wiring outside the bars:(.
I'm also not sure why you would put apes on 6" risers when you could use lower risers and taller bars to get the same height.:confused:

I'm looking at using a customized version of these bars from BR Custom Cycles. Clean corners, a swept shape:

And get them exactly the same width as the forks (9-3/4") with built-in risers at the correct CTC spacing for the Fury trees so the wiring stays internal.

I know guys have said "What?!? Not the bars!?!" on several threads, but it's all about making it yours, different. I don't care if it's not someone else's style... cuz it's my bike, and just like people don't want the same old exhaust as everyone else, I don't want the same bars. Looks like about $500 after show chroming, but what a personality changer.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Attaway DJ, go for it!!!!!:cool: I was eyeballing some of the bars at Rockschops.com.....gonna see if maybe Sickand twiszted might know someone who could fab quality bars.....

·
64 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of apes but those bars you are looking at getting do look good, piss on anyone who say you shouldn't have em.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I think it will look real good.
The thing that looks outta wack to me is the speedo on those bars.
It will probably look better on yours because your making the bars come in closer.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The bars in the top photo do not look good on the Fury IMO. Looks like they belong on a Schwinn with a banana seat. I'd like to go about half that high with more some bars with more attitude, something like the customs you suggested. Would also solve a problem with low 'claw' mirrors I ordered today.

I do like the mirrors on that bike though.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I really like the concept. I would like something of this nature except just not as tall maybe half. So I could lean back and ride and possibly go to sleep>LOL not really but I do think it would be a lot more comfortable. Great idea:D

·
Registered
835 Posts
Sorry, I just don't like this style on any bike, so nothing personal....
Make it your own, if you like it, then that is ALL that matters!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Conroy,

That is exactly what I was looking at the other day....a way to get a better riding position with taller handlebars but not some ugly looking apehangers. Something sleeker with sharper edges, and what I found was a set by RSD-Roland Sands Design at Meancycles.com. What I didn't like about the RSD-Roland Sands Design is the holes they welded onto the side of the bars. The set you show, with short risers is exactly what I was looking for. Let me know how you make out, I'm definitely interested in doing the same thing. Only I'm sure our grips and mirrors will differ.

Attachments

·
Banned
622 Posts
apes on a fury hell yeah..... those in the pic.... ahh not so much .... :).....WOOD i do have a outlet for bars i think his name is kenny upton out of byram ms .... but we are trying to come up with a design so that your not eaning to far up to get to them and the bars are not swept back so much it ruins the lines of the bike..... my idea for them is to start at bottom in a V sweep them up in a slight bow all 1 9/16 bar then just like ours step to 1 inch for grips and controls.... there going to mount exactly like ours spaced like ours and have a cross bar for the speedo so that all factory parts are the same just have a taller rize....... this concept is about 3 3 and a half weeks from even coming close to a raw pic but soon as i can post trust me i will .... the have a true occ feel and i wont lie i watch a old first season episode that gave me my insperation

·
Registered
230 Posts
i'd like some mini-apes of some kind... it would go well with a gigantic ginz sissy bar, that's for sure... but replacing the bars is a lot of work...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts