Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a little "Honda" logo on the handlebars. I'd like to replace that with something more personal like a lapel pin from my club. Has anyone removed it and how did you do it? It looks like it's glued on and a whack with a chisel would do the trick.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
I think it might look good if just take some of your touch up paint to whatever color you bike is and paint in that little block to match the color of your bike or it least that's what I did and now it looks like something that belongs there.

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Also a forum member Smiley makes blank plates to put in there, I think he was selling them for $5.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
There's a little "Honda" logo on the handlebars. I'd like to replace that with something more personal like a lapel pin from my club. Has anyone removed it and how did you do it? It looks like it's glued on and a whack with a chisel would do the trick.
Under the heading of Alternative Perspectives, I very intentionally left that little Honda badge in place, after very methodically and aggressively removing every other reference to the marque, found anywhere else on the bike. So when the shitheads (mainly Harley riders) come stormin' into the saloon, demanding to know, "Hey, who owns this chopper out here", I can (after a pregnant pause) raise my hand and accompany the inquisitor back out-front and play my little delayed-response game to its maximum-impact conclusion. By that time, the rest of the assembled shitheads have gone over the bike with a fine-toothed comb, noting its various aspects, unique features, and appointments and are dying to know if I am, in fact, the custom builder. After another pregnant pause, I 'fess-up and point out that little "Honda" badge on the triple-clamp, which they've all, somehow, failed to notice, then step back to listen to the usual, and by now expected, litany of disbelieving comments: "No!", or, "Your're shitting me", or "Bullshit", or "You gotta' be kiddin'". Love it! And I wouldn't remove that little Honda badge if you paid me! I've gotten more shock-value out of that little sucker than anything else I coulda' possibly done to the bike. LOL.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.