Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Corey did it 1&1/2 ago, I followed- did the strippers , made the bracket. Believe the 1300 classic was the set used. Do a search and find coreys post on the bracket, wasn't too hard to make, and they don't discolor

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
the 2into1 is very cool. their anti-blue guarantee is kind of funny, though.
here's a direct quote:

Hard Krome's patented "True Doublewall Construction" assures you that your pipe will never turn blue. Hard Krome offers the best warranty in the business their exclusive 1 year guarantee against bluing.

If they're not ever going to turn blue then why offer just a 1 year guarantee against blueing?

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I had the HardKrome pipes on my Shadow and they were the best pipes I ever had. The shadow with a 750 sounded deeper and louder than the Fury with the Cobra swepts. Top quality pipes and a little on the pricy side, but worth it. Oh, and NO BLUE!

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I think mine were the Strippers and man did they sound sweat! Cant wait to hear some of their pipes for the Fury.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
the 2into1 is very cool. their anti-blue guarantee is kind of funny, though.
here's a direct quote:

Hard Krome's patented "True Doublewall Construction" assures you that your pipe will never turn blue. Hard Krome offers the best warranty in the business their exclusive 1 year guarantee against bluing.

If they're not ever going to turn blue then why offer just a 1 year guarantee against blueing?
Agreed, they should have a lifetime guarantee on it if they are THAT sure...

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Characteristically, double-walled pipes won't "blue", because the dead space between the inner and outer pipes creates an insulating effect that doesn't allow the heat from the inner pipe to be transmitted to the outer. Works even more effectively if the space between the two pipes is "evacuated", i.e., sealed under vaccum. FWIW.............

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
I put the HK Sideburner on. Bracket was easy to make. It sounds awesome. Very loud in the right ear. If I ever change out I think I will go with a rear exit. Very impressed with the sound and the quality.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I guarantee my pipes will PROBABLY blue

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I guarantee my pipes will PROBABLY blue
Lol, now dat was funny... :p I don't mind, I might hit you up to make me some next year... I want them to blue as they'll match my bike better... Hmmm, wonder if they have powdercoat in cobalt blue...

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Now that would look sweet on your bike. Jim, how's the rain in San Diego, my huskers will be there next week for their bowl game.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
It has stopped raining for now at least... was raining like in the Forrest Gump movie there for a few days, but has thankfully stopped. But, it is supposed to start raining late next week, we'll see. Might be a wet bowl game...

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Lol, now dat was funny... :p I don't mind, I might hit you up to make me some next year... I want them to blue as they'll match my bike better... Hmmm, wonder if they have powdercoat in cobalt blue...
They don't have a high temp blue

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
They don't have a high temp blue
Ah, just called a local guy... what I might be able to do is have you make the pipes, you send it to me, then I have it ceramic coated, then painted with a high temp cobalt blue... then the chrome heat shields on top ... :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Thanks, called and left a message...

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
If Hard-Krome could have only been a little quicker?? Much better quality than the Cobra’s.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts